General discussion

Absolute Bewilderment -- Ulead Video Sudio Slide Show

Two years ago I made a slide show with Ulead Video Studio 6. It turned out fine except for some "pixel dancing" in the slides. I upgraded to UVS7, the "dancing" problem went away, and I was pleased and believed that I had seen the last of that problem.

Two weeks ago I created another slide show in the same UVS7. The slides were still images captured from a DV-AVI file to BMP format. Turned out great -- rock steady images, perfect transitions. Full satisfaction.

Yesterday I made another slide show in UVS7 from JPG images from my digital camera. The pixel "dancing" had returned and I just about fell off my seat. Why? I converted the huge, original JPGs to BMP, tried resizing, changing the project properties and everything I could think of, but the images still shift and dance to my complete bewilderment and aggravation.

Why? What mystery is this? Does anyone have any ideas?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Absolute Bewilderment -- Ulead Video Sudio Slide Show
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Absolute Bewilderment -- Ulead Video Sudio Slide Show
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Ulead Video Studio

I have used Ulead Video Studio 7 to create several wedding video DVDs. I tried adding a slide show to the DVD and saw the same thing you mention.

Pixel dancing is a good description. I described it as shimmering photos.

I never found a solution.

I started using Ulead DVD Picture Show 2 for my slide shows. And it has worked fine.

I have since, switched to ProShow Gold 2.0 and it is the best that I have ever used. It has the Ken Burns' effect and gives you total contol of audio, with Background and Foreground sound.

- Collapse -
Slide Shows

Thanks. I'll try some other workarounds, then perhaps check out the program you mentioned.

I just can't understand why one slide show would turn out fine while another does the "shimmering." It's got to be something about the images, but I can't imagine what..... yet.

Thanks again.

- Collapse -
My guess is that ...

the resolution of the dvd video is not high enough?

- Collapse -
DV

Not there yet. I'm just at the stage of checking the DV-AVI file. Strangely, the sharp, 640 x 480 photos are the ones with the problem, while smaller ones, while not that sharp, are rock-solid in the actual slide show. Can't figure that one out.

I have more experimenting to do.

CNET Forums

Forum Info