About John Kerry..... :-)..:-)

by Del McMullen / September 2, 2004 4:04 AM PDT

He throws away someone else's medals.
He drives someone else's SUV.
He marries someone else's wife
and He inherits someone else's money.
Maybe someday he'll be president of someone else's country

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: About John Kerry..... :-)..:-)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: About John Kerry..... :-)..:-)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: About John Kerry..... :-)..:-)
by Josh K / September 2, 2004 4:08 AM PDT

Yeah, if he was a real leader, he'd ride his Daddy's coattails to the White House, not his wife's!

Wink

Collapse -
Actually that might work in our favor
by TONI H / September 2, 2004 4:10 AM PDT

because he would be such a wimpy Commander in Chief of that military that we'd never have to worry about them being a superpower or an agressive country against us or anybody else.

TONI

Collapse -
As long as he doesn't.....
by Josh K / September 2, 2004 4:20 AM PDT

...refer to terrorists as the "folks" who attacked us or call them "evildoers" (couldn't Bush or his speechwriters come up with a better word?), he'll be a step up.

Collapse -
He couldn't exactly call them
by TONI H / September 2, 2004 4:39 AM PDT

'whacked Muslims' now could he? That would have been stereotyping and you and others of like thinking would have been all over him about that, too.

What would you call them........rebels, nut-jobs, disingenuous Iraqi citizens (when in reality they had others from other countries there helping them), thugs, bullies, monsters, animals, bottom-feeders......

I think subhuman was used once or twice......

Positively they aren't genuine and sincere Muslims....

Come on, Josh....you're grasping if you are now making an issue out of the word Bush used to describe the enemy.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: He couldn't exactly call them
by Josh K / September 2, 2004 4:44 AM PDT

"Evildoers" just has such a weenie sound to it. Surely they could have come with something better than that.

Collapse -
by dirtyrich / September 2, 2004 5:00 AM PDT

They do evil. Simple concept. Think about it for a while and you might grasp it.

Collapse -
by Josh K / September 2, 2004 5:03 AM PDT

I grasp it quite well, thank you. I saw their evil. I still see it quite regularly when I drive within eyeshot of NYC. Do you also think "folks" was a good, tough term to use to describe them?

Collapse -
by dirtyrich / September 2, 2004 12:06 PM PDT

I'm pretty sure that like the rest of us, the words that Bush would use to best describe these people are not suitable for use in the media...and unfortunately if he had used sterner words he probably would have been criticized.

Collapse -
by Josh K / September 2, 2004 10:59 PM PDT

It's possible I guess, but my hunch is that he wouldn't have been criticized as much as he was for the words he did use. IMO if there was ever a time when a few "frank" words would have been appropriate, that first speech in the wake of 9/11 was it.

"Folks?" I mean, come on.

Collapse -
by Dan McC / September 2, 2004 5:04 AM PDT

It sounds like something UnderDog would say.

That's perfect for bush.

Dan

Collapse -
When Polly's in trouble I am not slow
by Josh K / September 2, 2004 5:06 AM PDT

It's hip hip hip and AWAYYYYY I go!

Actually I think Dubya is closer to Shoe Shine Boy than his alter ego.

Collapse -
Re: When Polly's in trouble I am not slow
by Dan McC / September 2, 2004 5:33 AM PDT

I think that Shoe Shine Boy would admit once making a mistake. That gives him a boost over bush.

Dan

Collapse -
Wouldn't you be surprised if ...
by RB2D2 / September 2, 2004 4:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
Looked all over and
by TONI H / September 2, 2004 4:41 AM PDT

couldn't find a jpg to depict the "KERnel".....a popcorn head coated in greasy butter so he could slip his head out of his *** easier.

TONI

Collapse -
LOL, sounds like a winner, almost makes me want to try to ..
by RB2D2 / September 2, 2004 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Looked all over and

but no, I can't bring myself to do THAT! Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?