1. First, please read the article concerning "Unsolicited Commercial Software."
2. Second, perform as a minimum the first five items listed below.
Note: If you try using CWShredder, HijackThis, as well Spybot S&D, Ad-aware and several other anti-spyware utilities and a trojan is installed which prevents their running, download PepiMK's "CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller" removal tool, uncompress the zip file and run the program.
b. 'Adaware." Your attention is invited to "Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe."
c. "Spybot S&D."
d. "CWShredder" - 1 or "CWShredder" - 2.
Note: Problems connecting? Try "Computer Cops" and find the files in question to download from there.
e. "McAfee AVERTStinger."
f. "Hijack This" - 1 or "Hijack This" - 2.
Note: Posting a log concerning #f should only be at the direction of a forum moderator IMO.
3. Please reply to our input that each and every one of the five were used and the result if you require further input.
4. Check this Web site, "Files used by Spyware" if interested.
5. Download and use "IEFix" - a general purpose fix for Internet Explorer (Win 98/ME/2000/XP):
a. Registers Urlmon.dll, Mshtml.dll, Actxprxy.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Shell32.dll, Shdocvw.dll, [Q281679].
b. Refreshes Internet Explorer using IE.INF method. Note:
"Unable to Install Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP (Q304872)"
"How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP (Q318378)"
c. Initiates "SFC /Scannow" (Win2K&XP), [Q310747].