Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Resolved Question

Abode Reader update

by Willy / January 12, 2013 3:15 AM PST

I checked your post Carol to see how it affects me and found AR 11.01 is the newest update. I have version 10.1.5 and using its own updater, sees no new update. Is this a problem or do i manually fetch the newest AR 11.0.1 and such and according the update listing it too has a new update patch. the AR 11 update is 125mb or so and the added AR update patch is 10mb, this is a big d/l for me under dial-up.

FYI- For some time now I had new updates for Adobe Flash player as well post it wants to update, but it never seems to finish getting the d/l, it fails at 20-25%. Also, I noticed that service provide provides these updates, rather direct Adobe website(int. to Adobe). I wonder is this has any bearing. -----Willy Happy

Willy has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Abode Reader update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Abode Reader update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Willy

Collapse -
Willy, The Smaller Full 11.0.1 Can Be Found Here....
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 13, 2013 10:55 AM PST
In reply to: Abode Reader update

Unfortunately, in order to use the 11.0.1 "update" installer, you must first have the 11.0.0 version.. If you would like to change from your current 10.1.5 version, to the full 11.0.1 version, you'll need to uninstall your older version, then click on the link to download the full 11.0.1 installer. The full installer download from the link below is approximately 47 MB.. If you don't want to do it on your dial-up, then have a friend or family member do it on a faster connection and transfer it to you.

NOTE: Clicking on the ftp link below will immediately open the download dialogue box.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.01/en_US/AdbeRdr11001_en_US.exe

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
(NT) NOTE: FTP Sites May Work Better With IE Than Firefox
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 13, 2013 11:02 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) I use Google all the time
by Willy / January 14, 2013 1:24 AM PST
Collapse -
Question re updating to 10.1.5 or 11.xxx ver
by michhala / January 14, 2013 3:59 PM PST

Hi Grif -- I was just about to update my Adobe ReaderX 10.1.4 to 10.1.5 when I saw your posts on this thread, along with instructions for updating to the 11.x.x.. Do you have any recommendations or info on the 11.x.x versions to help me decide whether I should update to 10.1.5 of 11.x.x?

My thanks.....Miki
Internet Explorer 9, Windows 7 32/64 bit

Collapse -
Since They're Both Free, Why Not Try Both?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 15, 2013 5:48 AM PST

See what you think.. Uninstall 10, then install 11. If you don't like it, reverse the process. I see very little difference in the 10.x version vs the 11.x version, except that they look a little different upon opening (page thumbnails on the left side of 11.x are a little easier to see), and the 11.x version seems somewhat more cumbersome.. As long as you get the more recent updates, which include security updates, etc., the choice is up to you.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
(NT) Thank you, Grif
by michhala / January 15, 2013 6:53 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
For Flash, Here Are Those Direct Links
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 13, 2013 10:58 AM PST
In reply to: Abode Reader update
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.