PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Abit ST6-R and HD Size

by DarkWanderer / November 16, 2004 2:48 AM PST

I have an Abit ST6-R Motherboard and recently I have been looking to get a 200 GB hard drive. I was wandering around Abit's web site only to find these 2 links.

http://www.abit-usa.com/faq/mb/check160gb.php

http://www.abit-usa.com/faq/mb/check137gb.php

The 137 list says I can support 137 and higher with the latest Bios update. But the 160 doesn't say I can or can NOT support anything 160 or higher. Any ideas, comments upon this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Abit ST6-R and HD Size
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Abit ST6-R and HD Size
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) The ST6 is not listed in the 160GB list.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2004 2:54 AM PST
In reply to: Abit ST6-R and HD Size
Collapse -
Re: Abit ST6-R and HD Size
by DarkWanderer / November 16, 2004 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Abit ST6-R and HD Size
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just me, I'd install the 200 then.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 16, 2004 6:42 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.