Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

ABC vs my TiVO... especially during "LOST"

by fatbiker / February 15, 2007 9:52 AM PST

On my TiVO I am a "Season Pass" subscriber to the show LOST. Maybe it's just me, but I am beginning to think that ABC is strategically battling TiVO by changing lineups in the last minute. Last week and this week, my TiVO recorded the scheduled broadcast for the season pass on ABC. Sadly, the show running in its slot was a LOST re-cap (last week) and then a replay of last week's episode (this week). As I discover my TiVO's lack of a new episode, I run to my PC to watch the most recent episode of LOST on the ABC website. This frustrates me, but also makes me wonder if it is part of ABC's strategy to protect its advertisements AND promote its website replays by foiling my efforts to record new episodes on my TiVO.

Anyone else experiencing this? I imagine these last minute changes by ABC (or incorrect schedulings of TiVO) are resulting in a spike in traffic to the ABC site, thus an ability to brag about how many eyeballs view their web advertisements (but effectively cutting out their local affiliates).

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ABC vs my TiVO... especially during "LOST"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ABC vs my TiVO... especially during "LOST"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
you may have better luck
by Ravensblood / February 15, 2007 11:29 PM PST

setting the season pass for first run only, at any time. it will catch all eps.

Are you dialing up for info? Check that your calls are being completed regularly.

Collapse -
exactly
by fatbiker / February 16, 2007 7:35 AM PST

I set the season pass just once and it always worked in the past... one good example is the show 24. My season pass adjusts perfectly each time they do a 2 hour episode (instead of the regular 1 hour) or when they do a bonus episode on Sunday (added to their Monday).

My downloads of schedules seem to happen every day from the TiVo service (via high speed online). Very strange that Lost acts this way.

Collapse -
also
by Ravensblood / February 17, 2007 12:57 AM PST

Make sure that Lost has a higher priority in your season pass list to make sure that it is not being bumped for another recording at the same time.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!