Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!

I am now officially desperate! My ISP (Telstra Satellite/ISDN) is not interested in me being able to network my internet connection! After being shunted to 4 different operators (all of whom knew nothing of, or cared about, my dilemma) I eventually found out that, yes, I could network my internet connection if I wanted to part with $900 big ones..When I eventually stopped laughing I told them I would decline their kind offer and look elsewhere for a solution. (If there is anyone out there who wants to blow Teslta up, please do so with my blessing!) DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BLOW THEM UP, JUST SEE THEM FADE AWAY TO A NON ENTITY WOULD SUFFICE!

OK what I have is a Telstra Bigpond Satellite/ISDN Service...It use a Direcway satellite modem to download and a Telstra NT1 Plus II modem to upload via a landline that has been split into two different bandwiths/frequencies so I can still use my phone at the same time.

What I want do is to be able to network my internet connection wirelessly (I have purchased a TP-Link router and a wireless ethernet card for my second PC, but unfortunately the router only has a USB outlet and a 25 pin data port which I have no idea as to what it does?) I need to either get a router with an ethernet outlet (RJ45?) or some way of adapting the USB (B end) output from my existing router to a RJ45 (Ethernet) connection (I am still not sure this would work because I think there would probably be a conflict with the upload signals on the landline, although I could use both lines?, with both PC's trying to uplaod simultaneously, or if I found out what the 25 pin data port did?...hmmm?

Anyway, if that don't confuse you I can't think of anything else that would! lol HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP please?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
OOPS

In reply to: AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!

Sorry forgot to add my puters details:

I have a 2.4Ghz PentiumIV with 512MB DDR Memory running Windows XP SP3 (Thats wot Belarc says? I never heard of SP3!)...maybe its SP2?

Collapse -
Hmmm

Is this query too hard or am I just talking to myself?

Collapse -
Maybe because its already self answered

either using a cable converter USB to RJ45 (if they exist)

Or get another MODEM that have RJ45 (and USB) port

OR

Get another Router that have a USB WAN port.

About the 25 pin port you mention.. I don't know.. maybe you will find that out on their website.. (My wild guess is a Com port)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.