Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

AA / AAA powered video mp3 player

by Thayen / March 23, 2008 1:45 PM PDT

I'm looking for a video mp3 player for my son. He's very big into the outdoors and such and so I'd like it to be AA or AAA powered, as he's not always near a computer to charge it back up. I'd prefer something with a large storage capacity, though something with SD or similar slots would work as well. Anything someone can point me in the direction of would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AA / AAA powered video mp3 player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AA / AAA powered video mp3 player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
AA / AAA powered video mp3 players are limited.
by msjern / March 23, 2008 3:12 PM PDT

Most video mp3 players out in the market have internal batteries. So it would be really hard to a video mp3 that is an AA or AAA powered. plus most mp3's that are powered with AA/AAA have lower storage around 1-4 Gb.
Sorry but there isn't one out there.

Collapse -
AAA powered MP3 Player
by Patth9 / March 30, 2008 7:00 AM PDT

Would you believe I got an AAA MP3 player today. I didn't exactly purchase it, it came with a Drill which my husband bought. This little guy doesn't even have a brand name, but it does have a number DP-F165 and on the box it reads, MPC Player Reproductor MP3. I've never studied MP3 players, was never interested.

I'm on a Mac, and the instructions are, of course, for PCs. The tiny CD has the disk drivers, I guess, as they are.exe files.

When I Googled the part number, the few choices that came up were in French. I have downloaded some MP4 files from iTunes, but when I use QT Pro, it won't allow me export them into MP3. I have a few songs that are MP3, but these won't copy into the "No Name" hard drive produced by the DP-F165 which is, of course, USB.

Would anyone have an idea how I might copy a song onto this player?

I'm pretty savvy when it comes to my Mac, but totally a newbee on this new toy.

Patt

Collapse -
MP3
by msjern / March 31, 2008 12:01 PM PDT
In reply to: AAA powered MP3 Player

Is this the Mp3?
http://www.ciao.es/Suns_Tech_DP_F165__742469

If it is there is more info on their website.
http://www.ciao.es/Suns_Tech_DP_F165__742469

It might be possible that this Mp3 might be outdated since there was no info on the MP3 in their website. It also might be possible that this might be incompatible to Mac Computers. Mp4 might be also incompatible with this mp3.

This also could be a Chinese-bootlegged product since this company is not well-known.

Does this have a colour screen for videos could be played?
Have u tried just click and drag the Mp3 file directly to the Mp3
Player' hard drive?

Raph

Collapse -
AA / AAA powered video mp3 player
by Patth9 / March 31, 2008 1:54 PM PDT
In reply to: MP3

That looks like the same player. Perhaps it's not French, looks more like Spanish, but guess it doesn't matter. It came with a Hitachi drill, suppose to be worth $40.00. I have a feeling you are correct on all your assumptions. Perhaps the ear phones work (ha).

Thanks for replying to my question. Think I'll have one of my PC friends play around with it. Truth be known, I can't imagine myself walking around listening to music: chewing gum and walking are about about as much as I want to tackle.

Patt

Collapse -
Mp3
by msjern / April 1, 2008 10:14 AM PDT

You're Welcome.

Raph

Collapse -
how to...
by TimmyD1000 / July 4, 2008 4:31 PM PDT
In reply to: AAA powered MP3 Player

i recently bought a hitachi drill also...

i think it only reads wma and mp3 files

no need to load the software
the thing operates about like a flash drive
plug it into a usb port and use windows explorer (or similar) to put some music on it

operating the unit is fairly self-explanatory with one tip: push the thumbwheel to access the menu, that's right, the thumbwheel has three positions, turn left, turn right, or push in.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.