The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

A2dp + bluetooth + Iphone

by AmandaAC1 / January 29, 2009 2:38 AM PST

Hey fellow BOL listeners. I figured if any crew is in the know, it's you guys. I am looking for the cheapest way to stream podcasts from my Iphone over a bluetooth headset. Sound quality is not really an issue since it's podcasts. Cost is my main concern, plus I would like the headset to be as small as possible. Your help, plus some links to lead me by the hand would be very much appreciated and help me make it through another mind-numbing work day. Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A2dp + bluetooth + Iphone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A2dp + bluetooth + Iphone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Why?
by Nicholas Buenk / January 29, 2009 8:31 AM PST

iPhone comes with a perfectly good wired headphone with built in remote. What's the point of a Bluetooth headset, you plan on using the iPhone from across the room?
I don't get wireless headphones...

Collapse -
Because
by AmandaAC1 / January 29, 2009 9:30 AM PST
In reply to: Why?

Well, not that it's at all relevant to the question but I am trying to unobtrusively listen at work and wires blow that all to hell.

Collapse -
lol, you really have to ask that question?
by robstak / January 31, 2009 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: Why?

lol. c'mon, there are a lot of ppl that dont like wires. that was a silly question.
-k

Collapse -
Yeah!
by Nicholas Buenk / January 31, 2009 11:44 AM PST

But why, gah. Wink pet peeve of mine. I guess being discrete is one of the better reason.

Collapse -
apple doesnt do a2dp. u have to get a headphone jak dongle
by robstak / January 31, 2009 4:55 AM PST

im pretty sure this is true because appl wouldnt settle for the degredation of the sound quality.

i dunno there might be a hack out there to work with a bluetooth headset, but trust me, even tho its a podcast, the sound quality is ATROCIOUS worse than a phone call imho...

your best bet would be a bluetooth dongle with headset, not that cheap tho. ithink logitech makes one for around 80 bucks.

-k

Collapse -
Almost any A2DP headset will do...
by bayday76 / September 4, 2011 11:21 PM PDT

OK, I'm using a 3gs because frig... apple won't release the 5, but enough about that rant.
I just turned on my BT530, and clicked on one of the podcasts I subscribe to. Works perfectly.
I know the BT530 may not be the cheapest but you can get a brand new one on eBay for 40 to 50 bucks.
There are other brands out there that are cheaper, the trick is to be SURE you get one that has the a2dp blue tooth protocol built in.
I just bought a Samsung HM1700 just to see how it sounds. Brand spankin new, it cost 32 bucks on eBay, but I haven't received it yet. (The Jabra BT530 is the ultimate that I've found, but I've got a hearing loss, and I'm trying to find something louder)
I know your post is 2 years old, but maybe someone else....
If anyone knows of a descrete a2dp headset that is loud, please reply to this post and I'll see it. TIA - Ron from Texas

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!