Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

A Youtubeish act

by showme1946 / January 12, 2007 6:41 PM PST

An Indian Gautum Prasad has posted a video of Mahatma Gandhi on you tube doing pole dancing and also taking off his clothes , regarded as offense Indians are furious as Mahatma Gandhi is regarded as the father of the nation , the video according to me just looks cheap and hurts if an Indian has done it, this guy is already getting death threats from all over the place, i don't encourage you but you should check out how the sickening video looks like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE9_sBZHu1E
and mind you the Indian court didn't ban you tube cause they know how people can get through it and not like Brazilians
Anyway the Indian Court cannot do anything because this Indian is living in new York but they will try their best I hope and well his guy gave an interview saying "HE DIDN'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE" however the Indian Cyber Law Police hasn't contacted Google Yet I'll Keep ya posted

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A Youtubeish act
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A Youtubeish act
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
He Said himself
by kellenjb / January 12, 2007 10:59 PM PST
In reply to: A Youtubeish act

"The following video portrays Mahatma Gandhi in a way that many people feel is offensive. Please do not view the following video if you may be offended. Furthermore, I sincerely apologize for any offense this video has already caused."

Collapse -
Dude,,,he edited that
by showme1946 / January 13, 2007 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: He Said himself

before it didn't say anything like that especially after the media jumped in and all hes getting death calls for God sake

Collapse -
humor poorly presented...
by shawnlin / January 13, 2007 2:13 AM PST
In reply to: A Youtubeish act

I know that humor is starting to push all sorts of new boundaries now that the old ones are "used up" - it's the tolerance of "shockability" that has gone up and up...for most.

The new boundaries are race and sexuality - this is VERY tricky to do well such that it's actually enjoyable. It is odd that a person of a certain race/ancestry/culture can crack jokes about their "people" but others trying the same get a cold reception when they do that. With diversity being what it is today...I think only very niche audiences are really going to enjoy the humor.

I think the video is juvenile and pointless... but it actually gets me interested in talking to a person who has actually studied comedy/humor and it's affect on society/culture to see what they get out of it...

--Shalin

Collapse -
it is juvenile
by kellenjb / January 13, 2007 3:28 AM PST

I agree with you that the video is juvenile and pointless. But I am a strong believer that if you don't like something you should just not watch it. The whole point of putting videos on youtube is to get people to watch them. The more media coverage something like this gets the more hits the video is going to get. So if you don't like it just ignore it and move on with life.

Collapse -
(NT) agreed
by shawnlin / January 13, 2007 2:34 PM PST
In reply to: it is juvenile

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!