Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A very interesting article...

by Edward ODaniel / April 28, 2005 1:52 AM PDT

and one that should turn on that little "light of recognition" as it mentions certain people here ot by name but by recognizable posts, activities, and techniques.

Liberals and Other Juvenile Delinquents
John Martin

As a Criminology Professor, I take every opportunity to attempt to attach one theory of crime causation or another to current events. There are numerous, and often repetitive, theoretical models intended to help us understand and explain criminality. Some of these focus on personality and upbringing. Others look at social conditions and neighbourhood deterioration. Still, others attempt to link criminality to the evils of capitalism (the dinosaurs may be extinct but there?s a whole breed of belly-dragging Criminologist that refuses to make its way to the tar pits). That?s what living in your mom?s basement till you?re thirty-five will do to you.

Next is Condemning The Condemners. Here, the offenders portray their accusers as hypocrites and argue they?re just doing what conservatives always do. While browsing liberal web sites one will instantly note a recurring theme; conservatives routinely heckle and disrupt liberal speakers. This is sheer nonsense as we all know. Conservatives are much to busy working, paying taxes and raising families to spend all their free time causing a ruckus at forums they have no interest in. But lying seems to serve the left quite well so why stop now?

Of course, I don?t pretend that a sociological perspective is the definitive way to understand liberals? behaviour. I?d be quite interested in what a child psychologist has to on all this pie throwing say as well.

.......... end of quoted material ............

He really seems to have hit the nail squarely on the head.

As we say in the military, "Target! Cease fire."

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A very interesting article...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A very interesting article...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Link didn't work !?!
by duckman / April 28, 2005 1:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks. Here it is again...
by Edward ODaniel / April 28, 2005 4:56 AM PDT

but cut and paste will be necessary due to that little word free within a URL.

www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwriters/jmartin_20050423.html

Definitely worth reading.

Collapse -
We used to say, "Retaliate First."
by Jerry562 / April 28, 2005 3:28 AM PDT

Thanks for the article, what there was of it. The link failed, I'll try again later.

Collapse -
Your link is farkled
by Cindi Haynes / April 28, 2005 4:41 AM PDT

And looking at it in source is no help as it appears there as:

***********************************************/jmartin_20050423.html

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
believe it or not, but a ...
by Edward ODaniel / April 28, 2005 5:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Your link is farkled

google search on what did show ( jmartin_20050423.html ) would have found it.

**** posted it below and I posted above but it has to be copied and pasted--well worth it though.

Collapse -
link...
by Dick White / April 28, 2005 4:44 AM PDT

www.opinioneditorials.com/freedomwriters/jmartin_20050423.html

seems the forum software thinks there is a naughty word in the link...

dw

Collapse -
Thanks Richard...
by Edward ODaniel / April 28, 2005 5:00 AM PDT
In reply to: link...

(wasn't sure if the diminutive would post or be censored Devil )

it is that little word FREE within the URL

I notice in another post that the word chin (AKA as c h i n without the spaces) has been added to the censored word list and I haven't figured that out yet.

Collapse -
don't care what you call me...
by Dick White / April 28, 2005 6:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Richard...

just spell it right - and get farkled... yup, it has been observed in other posts that one cannot respond to me by name... so "dw" is fine...

dw

Collapse -
Speaking of forum filters, does anybody know why
by Echo2 / April 28, 2005 6:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks Richard...

"freemasonry" would be filtered. I tried to post an URL for a member that had "freemasonry" in it and when I looked at my post"freemasonry" was gone making the URL useless.

Collapse -
Anything with F R E E in it gets filtered
by Cindi Haynes / April 28, 2005 7:18 AM PDT

Because of the inundation of SPAM on the forums about f ree i-pods and such.

I guess from now on, just put spaces in or something and people will have to cut and paste in order to use it.

Lee has asked that words that should not be filtered be reported to him in the feedback forum.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
Seems from the honking thread ...
by Evie / April 28, 2005 7:21 AM PDT

... h_orn is also filtered, see: horn.

Maybe anything that rhymes with p_orn is also? Shocked

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) c hin, s hatter, and d ark too, for some reason!
by Cindi Haynes / April 28, 2005 7:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
the word f r e e
by Mark5019 / April 28, 2005 7:20 AM PDT

leave off the www in front of web urls i think works

Collapse -
you should read answers sometimes
by jonah jones / April 29, 2005 1:39 PM PDT

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/Writings/dispensationalism.html

Collapse -
You lost me Jonah.
by Echo2 / April 29, 2005 1:55 PM PDT

Where in the thread is the answer?

Collapse -
Mark,Stick with the program.
by Echo2 / May 1, 2005 2:12 PM PDT

I asked but did not get an answer. Asking is not the same as getting an answer.
This issue's old news anyway.

Collapse -
hey mark, he meant this ;-)
by jonah jones / May 2, 2005 1:29 AM PDT

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca/Writings/dispensationalism.html

or did he i wonder Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) with an echo it bounces to much never know
by Mark5019 / May 2, 2005 6:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
Having trouble with the timeline Mark?
by Echo2 / May 2, 2005 9:09 AM PDT

Having trouble with sequence of the posts Mark? I guess you don't get it.
Spare me your feeble unoriginal attempts at humor Mark

Collapse -
Ge Jonah. I wonder what you mean
by Echo2 / May 2, 2005 9:07 AM PDT

You never gave me an answer. I didn't get an answer here or at forum feedback.
I got it in a thread somewhere else.

Collapse -
My goodness EdH. Are you referring to me?
by Echo2 / April 28, 2005 8:03 AM PDT

I thought we had some constructive exchanges.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) This is an Ed O'D post, not Ed H :-)
by Evie / April 28, 2005 10:03 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Yes. Thank you Evie. My mistake. Sorry EdH!
by Echo2 / April 28, 2005 10:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) No names mentioned but if shoe fits...
by Edward ODaniel / April 29, 2005 5:48 AM PDT
Collapse -
What exactly are you talking about Edward. Did you read that
by Echo2 / April 29, 2005 8:37 AM PDT

article? It's no more than childish mud-slinging.
First of all I see no names mentioned. I see no examples given.I do not see that he has proven the unimpeachable conduct of the conservative side. If one wanted to we could set up an anal-retentive model for understanding the Right.Who would gain from that? It merely compounds the polarization of the two sides in America.This kind of "article" is nothing more than a pep rally for those who have chosen to descend to the level of spit balls and whoopie cushions. It changes no one's mind.
If you have a grievance with me, let's hear it.But don't hide behind pseudo-sophisticated "analyses" written by people who you happen to agree with.

Collapse -
I can't help it if you are...

not observant--that is something you have to train yourself to be.

If you were you would have no problem looking around and listening to see the same observable things that the article noted.

Think of the article as a picture of the reality of the world around you in prose.

'Tis you who appears to be trying on the shoe which I simply left sitting on the shelf available to all and sundry--I didn't hand it to you. To be honest I haven't even noticed you sitting there like a fly on the wall so don't flatter yourself falsely that the post even had you in mind (it didn't)--you appear however, to have recognized yourself within the author's descriptions thus making it your fault and not mine (that is how self recognition works).

Your irritating buzzing does indicate which portions of the article struck home however. Thank you for the confirmation.

Collapse -
That's funny. You mistake the fact that I actually read
by Echo2 / April 30, 2005 9:02 PM PDT

your article for the article somehow getting to me. As I said Edward, have you read the article?I would suggest that you read the article before posting the article.
Were you to read the article you would see that it gives no names, no examples and does nothing to show how cute and rosy the Right is. If this were an essay, it would get a D. If you don't tell the reader what you are talking about, you can't expect the reader to know how it applies to them. None of the author's "points" applies to me. If you say it does than show me how it does.

The real test, however, is whether or not you are prepared to accept my challenge which I will issue to
you one more time.
I'll make it crystal clear this time and we can keep a running tally of how many of my challenges you duck.

On which isssue am I a Liberal and how am I wrong on that issue?

Collapse -
That's funny..........
by Glenda / May 1, 2005 2:35 AM PDT

out of all the members in SE you are the only one that thought this was directed at you or anyone else! LOL

Collapse -
It is funny bacause I would have ignored it
by Echo2 / May 1, 2005 8:09 AM PDT
In reply to: That's funny..........

if I had realized that Edward O Daniel was the author of this post. I mistakenly thought EdH had posted it and I was concerned because I did not Know why EdH would have posted this after what I thought was a good exchange.
I thought it was EdH fuming after our discussion about Iraq.
Otherwise I wouldn't even be in this thread.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?