General discussion

A very annoying pop-up from IE-Can I Stop it ?

My computer is a 2003 1gb ram Dell desktop,with 40 gb hard drive
and windows firewall and comodo free a/v + Ad-Aware anti-spy/malware + Malwarebytes Free antispy/malware.......
The 2nd part of the original question I asked
When I get the Very Annoying small 'pop-up' in the centre of my screen (approx 5"x 4") saying 'Internet Explorer Script Error' - do you want to proceed Yes/No, I used to click on the little box which said 'yes' and it'd go away for say, 30 mins, then it'd happen again every 25 mins, then every 20 mins, then 15 mins and yesterday, before I shut down (I havn't checked it today, Yet, I've only just come online- I changed the pop-up blocker setting from medium to High last thing yesterday before I came online-) Q) IF its still like that has Anybody got any 'bright ides' as to what I should do about it...........???
Thanks
PS Has anybody ever heard of www.mailwasher.net/ and what do they think about it (Free+ paid)??
Thanks- Newbie

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: A very annoying pop-up from IE-Can I Stop it ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: A very annoying pop-up from IE-Can I Stop it ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A Very Annoying pop-up fom IE-Can I stop it ?

I Forgot to mention that my O/S is XP Pro..............and obviously my browser is IE.
Thanks

- Collapse -
Re: script errors

That's a setting (in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced) to either show this message or suppress it. By default it's set to suppress. Seems to have changed. Now go and reset it. That should solve the problem.

Kees

- Collapse -
Yep.

And that's also what I suggested in Chris' other discussion. Only just though, we forgot about this particular problem when discussing other issues, Happy

Mark

- Collapse -
About Mail Washer

What email software do you use Chris?

We've have often heard of Mail Washer and I don't remember seeing anything bad about it, but I don't use it. I have no need.

Is there any reason you are considering this?

Mark

- Collapse -
About Mail washer......

(I havn't re-booted it to see if it cures the IE 'script error'- will do so, soon.)

Yes, you've got a REALLY GOOD point there.
- I've just been asking myself, "Why do I need it..? - I think you're right there is no need...........
-From what I can gather, I can scan email 'attachments' bfore I click on them............. (to read them)...........
I just right click on the 'attachment' to scan it with my comodo anti-virus- dont I ?
(never tried it) - hence term 'Newbie'- I said I hadn't mastered IE yet, didn't I ?

Thanks again.........

CNET Forums

Forum Info