TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

A/V receiver

I NEED HELP! I bought a BOSE AM series 10 system 5.1) and now I am planning on buying a receiver. I would like to use the receiver for my ipod (pics and sound),XM radio, future HDMI compatability, and for DVDs. I do not care so much for games. The 2 receivers I have narrowed it down to are the yamaha rx v2600 (http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/receivers/RXV2600.htm) or denon 3806 (http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/623.asp).
So I would like to know which one would be best suit my needs? Any professional help would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A/V receiver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A/V receiver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I NEED HELP! I bought a BOSE AM series 10 system 5.1

In reply to: A/V receiver

Well, yes you do need help. Which reciver has the most power??? You will need lots of power with Bo$e speakers. john

Collapse -
Try Sunfire ultimate reciever lol

In reply to: I NEED HELP! I bought a BOSE AM series 10 system 5.1

just joking I would go Denon they have a better track record then yamaha in performence.

Collapse -
I'D ALSO LOOK INTO............

In reply to: Try Sunfire ultimate reciever lol

NAD A/V receivers, at select stores. ONKYO's are very good as well.

Good shopping,
River.

Collapse -
My Denon is good but...

My Denon receiver sounds fine and had the features I was looking for at a reasonable price -- but it's very awkward to use. For example, why do I have to locate a remote to lower the volume in Zone 2? If the remote is intended to be the primary means of controlling the unit, fine -- so then why do I have to use the front panel to set the Zone 2 source back to the main source? At least it has a stark, but functional on-screen display and menu that mitigate the shortcomings of the rest of the controls.

Collapse -
Just bought an Onkyo receiver

I know I have been hanging out on this forum for some time trying to absorb some of the knowledge you guys have (and thanks to you all) and I finally made my first purchase. The SR703B had the features I was looking for and I bought it from an authorised dealer online for $539 total. Onkyo comes with a 2 year warranty. Decided not to pay the extra for hdmi with that technology in such a state of change. Looked at receivers up to $1100 but dedided to spend the extra on better speakers. Looing hard at Aperion. Now I am trying to figure out this cable buisness.

Collapse -
CONGRATS ON THE ONKYO (nice receiver.)

In reply to: Just bought an Onkyo receiver

I'VE NEVER HEARD OF "APERION" speakers. Are they a regional brand only? All I've seen is their web-site says PORTLAND OR. Tell me more...........

river.

Collapse -
APERION

In reply to: CONGRATS ON THE ONKYO (nice receiver.)

Look at the reviews on cnet of several Aperion speakers. Go to Aperion.com to look at their products. They sell direct to the customer by internet. I have made a couple of calls to them and they have a very knowledgeable staff.
Tom

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) THANK YOU

In reply to: APERION

Collapse -
Amendment

In reply to: Just bought an Onkyo receiver

I don't want to because it makes me sound wishy-washy but I feel I should set the record straight. After tallking to several (three) speaker reps I cancelled the onkyo 703 order and ordered a pioneer 1015. All three recommended the pioneer and two said it would do a better job with their speakers (one pair was 4 ohm). They weren't selling receivers. My choice had come down to those two receivers and their comments revesed my decision. It didn't hurt that the pioneer was cheaper but that had little to do with my decision a that point.
Tom

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.