Camcorders forum

General discussion

A tough Decision

by redrocmac / October 18, 2007 9:44 AM PDT

I have struggled with deciding whether to get the Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series or the RCA Small wonder EZ201. So please give me your opinion on which to get.

If you're gonna reply to this, please follow these "rules":

-Tell me why you think your decision is better
-I am not concerned about money at all, so don't say "For the price,
you should get this camcorder"
-I am concerned about video quality, but not that much.
-Don't say "I don't think either of those are good. I recommend this
camcorder." So basically don't recommend anything else to me--that
will just make my decision harder. And don't reply to this if you
don't like either of these camcorders.
-Don't say "According to the reviews for those two camcorders on a
website that I know of, this camcorder is better." I don't want you
you to say this because I have read several reviews for these and
some reviews say "I do not like this camcorder. I recommend that
you invest in (the other camcorder)."

Thanks so much for your time.

-Will

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A tough Decision
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A tough Decision
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
up
by redrocmac / October 19, 2007 3:44 AM PDT
In reply to: A tough Decision

up

Collapse -
I picked the EZ201 RCA Small Wonder
by TechnoRobert / December 10, 2007 5:44 AM PST
In reply to: A tough Decision

The EZ201 has expandable memory (using SD card), and the screen will flip around so you can see yourself while you're recording.
It's also cheaper than the Flip.

Collapse -
Oops: Forget "price". Instead, add "Mac compatible"
by TechnoRobert / December 10, 2007 3:18 PM PST

Sorry...I added the "cheaper" line just before hitting "Submit", then realized that was against your rules.

Anyhow, I also like the Small Wonder to use with my Mac. Although the embedded software application is PC only, the videos made by the EZ201 RCA Small Wonder are Mac OSX compatible.

You transfer the vids to a folder of your choosing in the usual way (the EZ201 looks like a mounted disk drive when it's plugged to the USB port).

The videos can then be played immediately using the free program VLC (available at http://www.videolan.org/), and they can be converted to QuickTime using the free program iSquint (available at http://www.isquint.org/).

Collapse -
Mac compatible
by apvp / June 4, 2008 4:03 AM PDT

So can the output from this camcorder be brought onto Final Cut Pro thru any kind of procedure?
Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.