A terminolgy problem

I am trying to find a computer part but none of my searches come up with what I am looking for. I am referring to the "cables" - (probably not the right term) that come from the motherboard to the hard drive. There are 2 of them: one has 5 colored wires and the other is a slim flat cable with a smaller connection into the hard drive.I am assuming that the 5 wired one is the power cable and the other is the data cable. It this one that I need the right nomenclature for because I need to purchase one so I can add another hard drive. The5 wired one has another connector.

Discussion is locked
Reply to: A terminolgy problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: A terminolgy problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
That sounds like a common SATA cable.
- Collapse -
Sounds like
- Collapse -
Re: Sounds Like

Thanks for the info and URL. I just recently ordered something from NewEgg. Right now I need to figure out which 12" data cable configuration I should use - right angle, left angle, or straight. I am also having some difficulty with the supply cable in that the distance between the two connectors is shorter than what I need. I can probably make it work if I cut a piece off the plastic caddy that holds the main SSD . The other drive is an HDD which I hope to set up for dual booting. The alignment of the drives is not quite the same.

CNET Forums