General discussion

a tablet that can use my position

I have a nook tablet and was trying to use a google maps satellite view or google earth to use as my gps when boating. I have a cell phone that puts out wifi that i hook up to. I tried to get google maps to use my location but it kept saying unable to determine location. My phones screen is to small to see while driving the boat. Is there anyway that I can get the nook tablet to show my phones screen kind of like how you can get your computer screen to show your cells screen? If not do any tablets allow you to do this that are not extremely expensive. Also I wouldnt mind getting a tablet that would let me use my phones wifi and use google maps that would allow the my current position feature. Sorry for the long post. Thank you. if anyone has any other ideas im all ears( i live in louisiana and the marsh where i fish is not displayed well on most gps systems that is why the google earth view is so good.) thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: a tablet that can use my position
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: a tablet that can use my position
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Unless you find an app for that.

I'd move to some tablet with a GPS like the newer Google Nexus at http://www.google.com/nexus/#/7/specs

You'll still need to preload maps and possibly enable the wifi hotspot on the phone.
Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

I use an app called foxfi that lets me use the internet on the tablet

CNET Forums