Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A suggestion....

Looking through the latest page of posts, I see that out of 30 posts, 19 are politically based. These 19 have generated a total of 104 replys. Thats's a whole hell of a lot of time, effort and typing. Looking at the replies, one comes to the conclusion that the posters are preaching to two separate groups - the choir and the non-convertible. I doubt if anyone has had their mind changed one iota by anything that's been posted here. Therefore, since the political views of each individual poster is generally known by the rest, I make the following suggestion.

In lieu of all that typing, simply enter the following in the subject line: A(K/B/L/C)RDFVLODV which stands for

'Anti (Kerry/Bush/Liberal/Conservative - choose one) Rhetoric Derived From Various Links of Dubious Validity'.

This will save a great deal of typing on the part of the poster and eye-strain on the part of the reader. We'll all have a pretty good idea of what the poster wishes to say without going into the lurid details.

THEN, let's get back to posting fun stuff like blonde jokes, redneck jokes, misc. jokes, grandma's sugar cookie recipe, current (non-political) events, or personal observations on life in general (again non-political).

If there are, in fact, some REAL un-decideds in this group, just post a '?' in the subject line and leave your e-mail address. I'm sure many in here would be more than willing to 'enlighten' you!

Just a suggestion. Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A suggestion....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A suggestion....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
But would that be any fun?

In reply to: A suggestion....

Besides I don't need my Inbox filling up any faster than it is already. Happy

However, I do agree with most of what you say.

Collapse -
Re: But would that be any fun?

In reply to: But would that be any fun?

Only if the blonde jokes are really, really funny!

Collapse -
Blond joke/ is this an old one?

In reply to: Re: But would that be any fun?

Q. What do you call a skeleton with blond hair found in the hallway closet?

A. Last years hide and seek winner. :^O
Collapse -
Re: Blond joke/ is this an old one?

In reply to: Blond joke/ is this an old one?

Q: What's blonde, brunette, blonde, brunette...

A. A blonde doing cartwheels.

DE

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,,,CHOKED LAUGHING

In reply to: Re: Blond joke/ is this an old one?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) good one :)

In reply to: Re: Blond joke/ is this an old one?

Collapse -
Re: Blond joke/ is this an old one?

In reply to: Blond joke/ is this an old one?

Good one. We're on a roll here!!

Collapse -
Ah.....blonde jokes....

In reply to: Re: But would that be any fun?

My daughter and her daughter are natural blonde sent me these:

More bad news for Blondes:

1. Hates M&M's because they are so hard to peel.

2. Couldn't call 911 because there was no 11 on any phone button.

3. Was trapped on an escalator for hours when the power went out.

4. Took her new scarf back to the store because it was too tight.

5. Couldn't learn to water ski because she couldn't find a lake with a slope.

6. When asked what the capital of California was; answered "C"

7. Got excited because she finished a jigsaw puzzle in 6 months and the box said "2 to 4 years"

8. Burnt her nose bobbing for French fries.

9. Baked a turkey for 4 days because the instructions said 1 hour per pound and she weighed 96.

10. Can't make Kool-Aid because 8 cups of water won't fit into those > little packets.

11. Can't work in a pharmacy because the bottles won't fit into the typewriter.

12. Changes the baby's diaper only once a month because the label said "good up to 20 pounds".

13. Got hurt while raking leaves; fell out of the tree.

14. After losing in a breaststroke swimming competition, complained that the other swimmers were using their arms.

15. What goes "vroom-screech- vroom- screech", etc? A blonde at a flashing red light.

16. Two blondes are trying to unlock a car using a coat hanger when one > says, "Hurry up, it's starting to rain and the top is down!"

Collapse -
Re: A suggestion....

I certainly do not disagree with you. It could be even easier to just type "diito!" Happy

The political stuff has been a topic from the get go, and it was possible to have civil discussions, but it grew ugly during the 2000 election period.

Now, political issues have an effect on many facets of our lives, so I consider it a valid topic.

However, it has degenerated into a constant battle of "gotchas", "look what I found" , charges and counter-charges. Those are the threads in which tempers are lost, snide things said, and the messengers attacked rather than the messengers.

Thing is, those who engage in them are sincere they are correct in their choices, and DO believe they can change minds if they can just come up with the right link. (I prefer to think that rather than they just like to annoy each other.)

You are correct. The non-political stuff isn't drawing the interest it should. I know I have to set the political threads a higher priority because that is usually where the trouble starts.

On the other hand, you might notice that it is usually the same people who are drawn to the political arguments. Apparently there are quite a few who avoid them, as the subject line is very often the give-a-way of what is to come.

Whoever wins, I doubt it will soon stop. Electioneering (and fund-raising) usually starts as soon as the votes are counted. Happy

My sources of jokes have dried up, so I have to depend on those here to post them to send-a-long to others.

Hopefully one day we will again be able to post pictures and cartoons. (I have a couple of good ones!)

Angeline

Collapse -
I like it!

I'm out of the political threads from now on. I never posted much to them, but I like the SpeakEASY part of Speakeasy best.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ** Ditto ** ((gee, that was EASY!))

In reply to: I like it!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hey You!! You're supposed to be working!!;))

In reply to: (NT) ** Ditto ** ((gee, that was EASY!))

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I am :)

In reply to: (NT) Hey You!! You're supposed to be working!!;))

Collapse -
Re: (NT) I am :)

In reply to: (NT) I am :)

Yeah right!!! LOL But I noticed you have time to try and get the last word in!! hehehe Gotcha again!
Glenda

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ** try ** being the operative word :)

In reply to: Re: (NT) I am :)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.