Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

a-squared...

I've been going to try it, and finally had time last evening to download and do a scan. It found 3 Trace Cookies that other programs missed, from "Travelocity" which I have used in the past, but I now use Orbitz. Does anyone else use it and has it found anything the other programs have missed? I think I'll keep it for now.
Also how do I make that symbol with the little 2 in it? Anyone know how to do it?
Thanks
Larry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: a-squared...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: a-squared...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
he has

In reply to: a-squared...

taken that little spinning symbol off and has since heard a bunch of feedback on it. he said he was working to put it back in with out putting out a whole new version. also, i use it, it is pretty good, but have not had it find anything at all, good or bad? i tend to go with good. Wink

Collapse -
Thanks for the reply. Also

In reply to: he has

Thanks for the post with all the good utilites on it. I know it took you some time and effort to do that. Very nice and neat, easy to read. I bookmarked it for future reference. I do appreciate your hard work.
Larry

Collapse -
Hi Larry

In reply to: a-squared...

I copied the a

Collapse -
Hi Roddy...

In reply to: Hi Larry

Had to go out earlier, just got back on here.
Thanks for the reply. Like you, I was after something free that would scan for Trojans. I don't mind paying, but if something is free and works why pay. LOL
I sure try to be careful, and keep my PC as clean as I can, it's a shame we need about a dozen or more tools, but that is the way it is these days.
Have a Good One.
Larry

Collapse -
You're welcome Larry

In reply to: Hi Roddy...

as just as with ANY of these programs, particularly with these trojan removers, always be very careful with what you delete with them, especially when new definitions are released. False positives are common but are usually fixed quickly. Yes, I agree, it's a shame that we have to be so well protected nowadays.
PS
I deleted your other post for you. I figured it was this one that you wanted to repsond to so I deleted it after you asked that to be done. LOL

Collapse -
Thanks, I kind of thought you did...

In reply to: You're welcome Larry

I wish Lee would have some way to either Edit or Delete a post after it is posted. I think we all get in a hurry and don't realize we goofed, till we see it on the forum. The MODS. can but we members can't. I think I have seen this expressed on Feedback. Guess we are all just Human. LOL
I know about the false positives, If something comes up and I'm not sure I will google it.
Larry

Collapse -
Even the Mods can't edit either

In reply to: Thanks, I kind of thought you did...

We can delete but not edit which also a shame. Quite often someone will put their e-mail address and even phone number into one of these posts without realizing the hastle it can cause them so the only thing we can to is report it to Lee and hopefully he will see the report within a day or 2 and edit the post but by that time the damage is done. The only other recourse is to ask the original poster if they would like to have it deleted and sometimes, they also don't come back to see that until it is too late. Sad

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.