Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A real hero of Nam, McCain, steps up to speak tonight

at the Convention. He spent some years in Hanoi prison, and did you ever see the movie footage of him climing out of his jet plane having to slide down the front nose to avoid the flames of the 1st rocket that accidently struck in the Aircraft Carrier disaster at sea.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A real hero of Nam, McCain, steps up to speak tonight
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A real hero of Nam, McCain, steps up to speak tonight
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: A real hero of Nam, McCain, steps up to speak tonight

In reply to: A real hero of Nam, McCain, steps up to speak tonight

Yes, he is a real hero, and was my choice for 2000.

As a hero, he has spoken out re: the attacks on Kerry's war record.

In an interview I heard the other day, he said that casting such doubt on Kerry's medal awards could cast doubt on all who received medals.

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
It's usually very clear and noticeable

In reply to: Re: A real hero of Nam, McCain, steps up to speak tonight

why someone receives a medal.
Kerry gets a medal for a cut on his arm.
Compare that to my uncle in the navy who gets an early grave at the bottom of the ocean.

Collapse -
When Bush completes the next four year term

I really hope that John McCain runs again....he's got my vote already. What a leader.........

TONI

Collapse -
I was impressed by Rudy Giuliani's speech

In reply to: When Bush completes the next four year term

as well as that of Governor Schwarzenegger. I understand Schwarzenegger's approval rating in California is about 70%! Also, I think he may even be able to help deliver California the 'red' side of the aisle. Would you be in favor of changing the Constitution so that he could run for the Presidency?

Collapse -
Watched the entire Convention...

last night 7:30PM-11:30PM CST, on the CSpan TV channel which did not have a jabbering commentator of any type or commercials.

Sen. McCain was the next to last speaker. He brought down the house when he just briefly mentioned 'critically' the "filmmaker & 911 movie". The camera panned up to the balcony and lo and behold there was Michael Moore flinging his arms around. Finally after the crowd calmed down, he said that was such a response I'll have to say "filmaker" and it again brought down the house. Later when McCain was interviwed by MSNBC he said he didn't know M. Moore was at the convention when he mentioned 'filmmaker', but the crowd went wild and started pointing to the balcony where Moore was and he could see him....so then went ahead and mentioned 'filmmaker' again.

After McCain came Rudolph Juliana(s) (former Mayor of New York) and what a great speech he gave, the best I have ever heard from him. Gee, this is the guy everyone would want to speek at any meeting of two or more people. He really knows how to reach out.

His outstanding speech was followed by closing with Frank Sinatra singing the best on film he recorded (courtesy of the Sinatra Estate) "New York, New York". Benediction by a San Antonio Preacher, then closing right at 11:30PM CST.

Collapse -
Moore loved it

In reply to: Watched the entire Convention...

You can't buy that kind of publicity.

Dan

Collapse -
Re: Moore loved it

In reply to: Moore loved it

Yeah, more pocket money. McCain said to the MSNBC interviewer that he didn't see the film, as he didn't want to contribute to Moore, but caught most all of what was in the film by watching MSNBC (tongue in cheek grin to interviewer plugging MSNBC)

Collapse -
Sure you can

In reply to: Moore loved it

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.