TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

a puzzle

by runningtiger / August 19, 2006 12:13 AM PDT

hi

I want to see DVDs on my smartphone, but I can not find a good software to convert DVD to WMV format. Is there any expert to introdce me some nice one

thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: a puzzle
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: a puzzle
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Question........
by kena10 / August 19, 2006 12:21 AM PDT
In reply to: a puzzle

How many batteries are you carrying in your pocket for your phone?????

And are you that bored that you want to watch movies on a cell phone? Why don't you just get an iPod or a PSP?

Windows Movie Maker should work for this.

Jimmy

Collapse -
if you have a treo650 like i do...
by masterying01 / August 19, 2006 1:39 AM PDT
Collapse -
by runningtiger / August 19, 2006 10:46 PM PDT

hi, my friends ,don't misunderstanding, i just want to have a try, just for fun
I'm a cell phone novice, but I'm really likin' the new Samsung d807! ANyway, this is probably a general question for anyone that has a phone that plays MP3s, but how do I get the MP3s to the phone from my computer? Is there a USB cable connection? Software? ANy help would be appreciated!

Collapse -
Connection? Yes.
by Coryphaeus / August 19, 2006 11:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply

You'll need to contact the cell phone site for the proper connecting cables and software.

Collapse -
answer
by Jack_OK / August 20, 2006 11:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply

hi,You would need the data cable. The d807 has NO memory card, so sorry that won't work.

The D807 has a microSD slot that you can use for memory and with one of the microSD cards you can buy a USB adapter that makes it easy and fast to transfer files ,and if you are wanna to listen to music by your phone ,you need search a type of audio converter software to finish your work ,here's a link http://www.sharewareguide.net/Audio-Multimedia/Audio-Encoders-Decoders/index.html, you can check it ,

Collapse -
seek help
by sleepingbaby / August 23, 2006 12:39 AM PDT
In reply to: answer

Any recommendations for quality DVD/DivX/Xvid to WMV converter(movies already ripped[on hdd], not on DVD media). Without loss of quality. thanks

Collapse -
reply to sleepingbaby
by Jack_OK / August 23, 2006 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: seek help

Think of windows movie maker but i don't guarantee the quality as i havn't had much experience with it,

Or you can try AoA DVD Ripper. When loading DVD, click on "Import from dvd disk" and then select the ripped dvd movies on your hard drive.

If your Windows Media Player is not 9 or above, you need to install Windows Media Runtime to convert dvds to wmv..

Collapse -
HELP
by runningtiger / August 24, 2006 8:42 PM PDT
In reply to: reply to sleepingbaby

Dose anyone know to extract the words out of a Mp3 and create an instrumental?

Collapse -
Reply questions
by sleepingbaby / August 26, 2006 7:43 PM PDT
In reply to: HELP

there is a freeware pc soft apps like audacity and dbpoweramp can help you. google em and also dont forget to get the codecs for mp3s from free-codecs.com . its called k lite codec pack . It can make the mp3 files smaller, so i believe it can also extract the words out of mp3. Or you can check this web http://www.sharewareguide.net/, where there are so much information about auido/video format, you can have a try

Collapse -
My video iPod
by Jack_OK / September 4, 2006 11:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Reply questions

Nowadays, what's the most popular personal stereo now? Most of people will remember iPod video! On my birthday, I got a video iPod from my father, how happy I am! But, another problem comes in front of me, how to rip my favorite DVD video clips into iPod compliant videos, which iPod video converter should I use? ???

Do you have the same problem with me? Have you ever been confused about which software to buy? Have you spent hours online or at the store trying to decrypt the marketing mumbo jumbo? I took three days to try many iPod converters, and then took several good iPod converters for reviewing. Hope this helps! My reviews are honest and straightforward and I don't represent any of the companies whose products I test.

What is the standard of the ideal application to rip DVD video to iPod? There are some points we should take into consideration.
1) Cost/Performance: Everybody wants to gain more with less money.

2) Video Quality: Someone often uses the video iPod to watch movie, so the output video quality should be considered seriously.

3) Audio Quality: iPod is the most popular personal stereo in the world, so the music enjoying is the basic function. Can you stand a piece of engaging music with bad conversion quality? I can't! So never choose the one that make your ears and brain suffered.

4) Speed: Convert DVD often takes time, an hour DVD movie takes around thirty minutes to convert to mpeg-4 movie, if you have multiple DVDs to be converted, a high speed converter would be your best bet.

5) Easy to use: There are still many iPod users knew little about computer, so complicated parameter settings will strain their brain, as a result, a application with simple interface and steps is the acceptable.
First , Cucusoft DVD to iPod Converter
Launch the program; you will be impressed by its simple interface. It supports the conversion of DVD to mpeg-1\2\4 \AVI There're a series of parameters for you to set, you can get more details from here.

second, ImTOO DVD to iPod Converter
Its interface is plain, but you can feel the expert. The layout is clear and in accordance with the habit of users. It supports DVD to AAC\ MP4 \M4A \MP3. For more details concerning the parameters please click here. Comparing with other iPod converters, it supports three languages (English, Chinese, and Japanese). This is good news for those asia users.

Third, PQ DVD to iPod Video Converter
Its white interface would show you the snow feeling, moreover, the icon has the Mac style, this is quite popular with users. It supports the conversion of DVD/ Tivo to iPod video. The preview Window takes half area of the interface; in addition, you can use the scroll bar to set the aspect ratio and the output size, it's convenience.

You can test them by yourself, if you are interested in them.

Collapse -
something about itunes
by Jack_OK / September 25, 2006 2:08 AM PDT
In reply to: My video iPod
Collapse -
One question
by runningtiger / October 4, 2006 12:47 AM PDT
In reply to: something about itunes

hi, guys, Is there a way to set windows media player to rip cd's to m4a?
I currently rip using wmp to mp3 using MP3 + DVD XPack.
Thans in advance

Collapse -
Answers to the question
by Jack_OK / October 4, 2006 4:01 PM PDT
In reply to: One question

if you want to convert a video file to other format,use some converters! it's simple. these converters are all powerful, and easy to use. it's convinent to use the source of network.

use google to search 1. i list some search results at Sep 5.2006.

AVI MPEG Video Converter www.video-converter.net/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
#1 Video Converter www.videotox.com/ - 45k - Cached - Similar pages
Xilisoft Video Converter www.xilisoft.com/video-converter.html - 27k - Cached - Similar pages
Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter www.xilisoft.com/3gp-video-converter.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages
Super Video ConverterSoftware tool www.mpgdvd.com/ - 35k - Cached - Similar pages

Collapse -
by Linda_lin / October 7, 2006 11:09 AM PDT

yes, i agree with u because i have used Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter ,which is really very powerful,and this software has drawn a lot of attention, u can have a try.

Collapse -
by Jack_OK / October 9, 2006 2:27 AM PDT
In reply to: One question
Collapse -
get more TV offerings from Apple iTunes
by Linda_lin / December 12, 2006 8:23 PM PST
In reply to: something about itunes

I think with the appearance of Microsoft Zune, Apple will provide more and more service for ipod to compete with Zune , as well as I know , after the release of Zune , the sales of Zune is not very optimistic :
Here is some news: Shoppers slow to buy into Zune from The Wall Street Journal

Uzoma Anumudu chose the newcomer when shopping for a portable digital media player last month.

But now he has a problem: Microsoft

Collapse -
News: Red iPod nano is coming
by Linda_lin / December 12, 2006 7:58 PM PST
In reply to: My video iPod

Red iPod nano is coming

The red version of 4GB iPod nano will be sold for $199, donating $10 to the Product RED Charity for each red iPod nano sold. The donation of the new red iPod nano will be used to help those HIV/AIDS sufferers in Africa.

The debut of the red version of new iPod nano is a real great program. If you also want to help those HIV/AIDS sufferers and conduct some significant thing, cough up $199 for a red iPod nano. more information http://www.mp4converter.net/news/red-ipod-nano-is-coming.html

Collapse -
Enjoy yourself with new video iPod 30G/80G & iTunes 7
by Linda_lin / December 18, 2006 1:52 PM PST
Good News:

Apple has released new video iPod 30G/80G and iTunes 7 with upcoming iTV Player, which can playback AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3 and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV audio and H.264 video (resolution:640 by 480 and 320 by 240 pixels) and MPEG-4 video (resolution:640 by 480 pixels) with AAC-LC audio and stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.

Apple introduced the new video iPod, the best digital music player and most popular portable video player in the world. The new iPod features a 60 percent brighter and more vibrant 2.5-inch color display perfect for watching TV shows and now Hollywood movies right in the palm of your hand.

The new iPod features seamless integration with iTunes 7 and the iTunes Store which now includes over 75 Hollywood movies, 220 television shows and popular video games designed specifically for the fifth generation iPod.

The new iPod is available in a iPod 30GB model at the new low price of $249 and an iPod 80GB model, which holds up to 20,000 songs or 100 hours of video, for $349 and an 8GB Flash ROM based iPod Nano and a tiny 1GB iPod Shuffle.

BTW, As one of the most well-known and professional developers in the multimedia conversion industry all over the world, Xilisoft Corporation always keeps eyes on the issues about all the multimedia industries to provide customers with the most up-to-date tools.

Recently, it is said on xilisoft.com that Xilisoft iPod Video Converter, Xilisoft DVD to iPod Converter have been upgraded and could perfectly support output of new video iPod 30G/80G MPEG-4 video at 640 by 480 resolutions.
Collapse -
Continue: Enjoy yourself with new video iPod 30G/80G
by Linda_lin / December 18, 2006 1:58 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?