General discussion

A Public Service Announcement re Olives

Everybody go to Sams and get a jar of Santa Barabara Olive Company garlic stuffed olives. Big olives, each stuffed with a clove of crunchy garlic.

That's all. You can thank me later, and you will.

DE

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: A Public Service Announcement re Olives
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: A Public Service Announcement re Olives
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Homer says, "Mmmmm, Olllives"
- Collapse -
My BIL ...

... always has some interesting stuffed olive awaiting my hubby when we visit them. He loves the garlic ones. Ever try jalapeno stuffed olives? I hear they are good. I spent most of my life never eating an olive I liked. Every year at Thanksgiving I would give it one more try to see if I had developed a taste yet. One year about 10 years ago I all of a sudden liked it! So now I eat a lot of black olives. But I still don't care for the calamata and other "fancy" sorts, and the green ones don't appeal to me either. For some reason, the stuffed olives are all green Sad

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
i like

cream chesse and olive sandwiches yummy

- Collapse -
The only part of Olives

I like, is the stone inside. Good ammo for my sling shot. Wink

George

- Collapse -
roflmao
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Not as good as 3/8" ball bearings...LOL
- Collapse -
...and BTW, we don't call 'em...

..."sling shots" down here in South Texas...LOL.

- Collapse -
The garlic stuffed ones are goooood!

The ones I mentioned are green olives. Keep trying the green ones, once you get a taste for them you'll love 'em. I like black olives too and eat more of those at a sitting than green olives.

DE

- Collapse -
Oh, and yes I like the Jalepeno stuffed ones

I wish that they would use a hotter jalepeno but I do enjoy them.

DE

- Collapse -
That's what our hubbies say too ...

... it's always a "hot fest" when our "boys" get together. Either we bring some exotic hot sauce or thing, or my BIL has found something. My sis and I have learned to be very wary of "here, try this!" I think I outdid them all the year I put habanero peppers on my Thanksgiving napkin rings -- the FIL did not heed the warning not to eat the decorations Grin

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
Being Italian

ONLY black olives rule......green ones are for martini drinkers only. Pass the galliano, please.

TONI

- Collapse -
We picked a cured our own

Olives one yearHappy We had the kids helping us pick enough to make 2 gallon jars of them and Jim asked one of his co-workers for the recipe! Man were they good! The biggest problem was making everyone stay out of them until they cured properly! LOL
Glenda

- Collapse -
Hmmmm, didn't know that

I always thought that black and green olives were a hit anyplace that olives were enjoyed and figgered that Italians liked both. I like black and green olives both. I did a google search on "garlic stuffed black olives" and wound up at a martini place, lol.

I'll pass the Galliano after I take a sip, I've never tasted it.

DE

- Collapse -
I almost forgot...

Q: What does Popeye do when he gets a h***on?
A: He soaks it in Olive Oyl !

Well it was sort of on topic, see?

DE

- Collapse -
In Texas, we have jalapeno-stuffed olives!
- Collapse -
I see a theme here.

Maybe I should come out with a Ocra stuffed olive for the deep South. Or a Grits stuffed...

I'm gonna be rich.

- Collapse -
Eeeewwwwwww ....

... Okra! Sad Mom ruined more yummy soups by adding that dang stuff than anything!

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
LOL

Better remind me on the next visit to NOT make my Dad's Dutch dish for you! LOL
Or I can make it and you and Jim can head to Taco BellHappy
Glenda

- Collapse -
You can keep your okra ...

... and your aspergrass! LOL. Taco bell? You wouldn't do that to me! I've had your superior enchiladas remember!

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
hehehe

Okra or Taco Bell!! That's it! What you think I run a restaurant here?????
Maybe Burger King?? LOL
Glenda

- Collapse -
WTH have you guys have

against Ocra and Grits? Other than it makes your teeth fall out, a beer gut and a strong desire to marry your sister? Happy

- Collapse -
Grits Mmmmmmmmmm

Okra yuk!

I'm a Yankee born an bred. But I luv a good chicken fried steak and all sorts of Southern food. Okra you can keep !!!

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
I'm about to plant some okra

It's been unusually warm and I want to see if it'll make it so I can have some early. If it doesn't make it, I'll just replant a little later.

It's good stuff, fried or boiled! You can't get it at the farmer's markets here unless you get there fast. They all say that all they have sells as fast as they put it out for sale.

DE

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Fried okra is good eats!
- Collapse -
Stop you guys!!!

You're making me want to (damn no puke emoticon Sad) barf!! I guess when it's fried the slimy seeds aren't so disgusting though. Maybe I will give it a try if I'm ever down South.

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I agree about boiled, but my wife fries, it's good.
- Collapse -
hehehe Yummy......

Okra fried and in Dutch dish and Shrimp GumboHappy Yum YumHappy
Sue
Runnin as fast as I can go!!!! LOL

CNET Forums

Forum Info