PC Applications forum

General discussion

A problem with java!!

by alderessy / September 10, 2005 1:01 AM PDT

I use internet explorer of xp pro.I use too Microsoft java virtual machine which is combined with xp.I notice that some images (specially of some forums)never shown.I have instead of images red crosses.I decide to use Java virtual machine of SUN and when i use them,the images are fine but i cannot use DJChat.Now i use Microsoft virtual machine and update it(if it is updated really after what happenend between Microsoft and SUN),but still some images with red crosses.Any hints?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A problem with java!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A problem with java!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reduce the problem to...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2005 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: A problem with java!!

" i cannot use DJChat. "

If we reduce the problem to just that, look at contacting the author of DJChat to see if they have a new version that runs on the SUN Java JVM. Microsoft has stopped fixing theirs so the path is quite narrow as to what we'll be using.

Bob

Collapse -
Let say that
by alderessy / September 10, 2005 2:14 AM PDT

I really more satisfy with Microsoft virtual machine because some images not appear but not all of them.With JVM of SUN non of DJChat works,all the sites.So it is hard to contact all sites.Now is there a simple java that can help me to see the other images that i cannot see?Thanks Bob

Collapse -
Then your choice.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2005 2:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Let say that

Sadly, Microsoft ended updates years ago and SUN forced the issue. Those that chose to stick with MSJVM have made their choice and will have to live with it.

As to DJCHAT, if you don't contact the author, they won't know of the issue.

Best of luck,

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!