General discussion

A problem occured with nero express burning backup cd

I am new to cd burning and cd burning software as my old pc did not have a cd burner , I had a zip drive , which is the reason for all these questions reguarding how to burn data to a cd ....
I just found out that you can not delete unwanted entries burned on a cd ok so fine , I did not want some of the data that was on the backup as they were duplicated elsewhere .
So I re-did it again on another cd and tossed the first cd , the new cdrw had some data on it which I did not realize and nero erased/formated it and I backed up my whole my documents folder with 100 folders and about one thousand files in the folders minus the stuff I did want on the cd which was music and photos which I backed up to a different cd ,
But here is the problem... after the verification process I got a message with nero express software that said verification failed ok , I put the cd in my computer and everything looks ok to me ? So I don't understand what does this actually mean , do I have to re-do it on another cd again or is there something wrong with my cd burner or nero express or whats the reason for the message , will this cd be un-usable for doing incremental backups is it a bad cd ?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: A problem occured with nero express burning backup cd
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: A problem occured with nero express burning backup cd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The easy way. . .

Just erase, not format, the CD-RW. This should clean it all out and allow you to save data again.

- Collapse -
A problem occured with nero express burning backup cd

Thank You Coryphaeus for you help, but I am wondering now whats the purpose of formating a cd ? why would anyone want to format a cd if they know by doing so they can't delete outdated or un-useful data thats taking up space , so if I took a cdrw with data on it and used the erase option instead of the erase/format option nero express would still burn the data to the cd only this time I could erase data from it ? Another thing I am wondering aboutis when the cdrw comes from the store in its package its pre-formated isn't it ?

- Collapse -
CD-Rs don't need to be formated

You can format a CD-RW and use it like you would a Zip drive or a floppy. You can add or remove information and other data as you do with your hard drive, floppy or Zip drive. You can drag and drop, use save or the send to option. And if you want to remove a file or folder, you can simply delete it without erasing the entire disk. But be advised, formatted CD-RWs are not readable by every computer. This can be a real problem if something ever happens to the computer where it was made. So if you use this method of saving your information, I would recommend you make a copy of the CD-RW on a CD-R regularly.

CNET Forums

Forum Info