Computer Help forum

General discussion

A Problem Concerning "No Script"

I recently added "No Script" for my Firefox browser.

Two web sites both of which I HAVE included in my white list for "No Script" still do not provide me music the way they used to before I added "No Script" to my Firefox browser. (Those two web sites also show "Allow this web site" in the pop-up window of No Script. As before, I have both most recent versions of Adobe FlashPlayer and RealPlayer.)

I have even tried rebooting.

I cannot figure out what the problem might be.

Thanks for the help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A Problem Concerning "No Script"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A Problem Concerning "No Script"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What happens ...

In reply to: A Problem Concerning "No Script"

if you allow it in the pop-up window?

Kees

Collapse -
This stumped a friend.

In reply to: A Problem Concerning "No Script"

They had allowed the site but looking over the HTML CODE of the site we found the site was in some script fetching from yet another site. So NoScript blocked the next site and was doing its job. Unless you can dive into the code and script, maybe you have to turn this off for now.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank, Bob and Kees, ...

In reply to: This stumped a friend.

Thanks, Bob and Kees, for your responses.

A few minutes ago, I accessed the same two musical web sites using Internet Explorer, (which I rarely use and) for which I do not have an add-on like Firefox's "No Script." I could obtain music instantly on both of them. So I guess my "way out" is to use Internet Explorer when I want to access those two web sites!

Incidentally, a few minutes ago I also accessed a third musical web site using Firefox. After clicking on the "Allow this page" option in the "No Script" pop-up window for this web site, I could instantly obtain music supplied in it.

(So there might be some 11th "Thou shalt not" commandment in the Scriptures written by the author of "No Script" regarding the above matter, which I am not aware of and have therefore unwillingly not observed.)

I highly appreciate prompt and helpful responses from both of you.

Collapse -
Good job.

In reply to: Thank, Bob and Kees, ...

With browsers there are so many things that can go wrong, that the first advice indeed always should be something like "Try another one. Firefox, Chrome and IE are all free. Use the one that works."

Kees

Collapse -
Shouldn't be necessary

In reply to: This stumped a friend.

Shouldn't be necessary. If one script in turn calls another script from another domain and you enable that first script, NoScript will trigger a reload of the page and if you check the listing of blocked domains you'll see the second domain listed. So basically after you enable a domain to load scripts, you may have to check back again to make sure some new domain isn't being blocked.

Collapse -
Not to dive too deep.

In reply to: Shouldn't be necessary

But Hulu.com bombs out if you have an adblocker and well, noscript was blocking something that hulu wanted to call up. I didn't reveal what site the buddy had trouble with but hulu is in some sort of war game, escalation as they try to block Android set top things.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.