Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

*a problem* again

by 1062107 / October 19, 2008 3:05 AM PDT

In the beginning of August, my cousin had this problem with the computer having blue screens IRQL Drivers_Less to_Equal or something like that, and the Page Fault_found in nonpage area or something like that. So all I wanted to do was to reformat the disk, and replace the RAM.

So, now, blue screen doesn't show up anymore. But now, I try to setup/start windows, and error code 7 in other words; the following:

ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded Error code 7.

Okay, so on my cousin's computer, I finally managed to bypass the whole error code 7 thingamgig, and I also replaced the RAM and my computer can turn on now, so

I insert the XP CD, I boot from the CD, and it says, Choose an Operating System to STart:

Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Professional Setup

So it goes to Starting Windows, blah, blah, and on the bottom it says press F6 to install RAID drivers or whatever...

then it goes to the Windows XP Loading Screen.

NOW my problem is the Windows XP loading screen is taking forever to load!!!!

And then, the blue screen-Page Fault in Non page area pops up again!!! after a while!!!

But how could that be...I replaced the RAM...and great...

I'm back to step one.
So it wasn't the RAM after all.......? Or was it...? Or is this fresh one another busted one???? Please help!

I have Windows XP Service Pack 2. System Info: Intel Pentium 4
CPU 2.00 GHz, 2.00 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

And despite all this, there seems to be NO WAY I can reformat the disk. YES, I WENT TO THE MICRSOFT SUPPORT SITE FOR HELP

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: *a problem* again
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: *a problem* again
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
why just RAM ?
by v_2vinch / October 21, 2008 3:25 PM PDT
In reply to: *a problem* again

from the way i look at it, the culprit is one of your device. well when it omes to page fault_load error message, there is no realistic way of solving it and its always the trial and error method... with your history of error messages (IRQL, ERROR CODE 7 and this one)...there are two possibilites

1) Either your RAM is busted , which at this point can be parked aside ....
2) Incorrect settings under BIOS or BIOS update....

I could also think of one of more for which i would need your response. What type of harddrive do you have ?? SATA or RAID ?? because if you have RAID have you tried installing the drivers which came along with it ??

Options you have in hand is check for BIOS update for the laptop model and install them, check for RAID drivers and try installing them as well...

cheers
VC

Collapse -
FINALLY
by 1062107 / October 22, 2008 10:59 AM PDT
In reply to: why just RAM ?

Well, I've got it fixed....!
After many months....

Well, what I did was move the RAM again to a different slot, and cleaned up the computer. Then, I reinstalled Windows XP. And, everything worked...?????

There's been no blue screen yet...?

A miracle.....

Thank you for all your help!!!!!!!

The computing world can be mysterious...

(by the way, I reformatted by hard disk. Finally!)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?