Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

A "Normal" Startup in System Congifuration?

I am having some problems with my system configuration (msconfig). I was doing some work last night and needed to get into this to start up safemode so I could uninstall some softwear but now, for some reason everything is screwed up, as in the look of my XP theme as I asked for help about last night - http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=34941&messageID=403777 (i will fix that but thats not the problem). I was looking at my system config. after getting the message about my selective start up several times, I am used to this message but I didnt change anything in services or start up last night. I then clicked Normal Start up and noticed that in the BOOT.INI tab the boot option SafeBoot Minimal was selected. How is normal startup safemode??? Is this normal? Also one last question, for the problem I was having about my themes (the link thats in here) if I run the System File Checker and it asks me for my Windows XP Pro CD to copy drivers does that mean something is wrong because I read on a site that if nothing is wrong it wont ask you for any input. Thanks for the help.
-Scott

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A "Normal" Startup in System Congifuration?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A "Normal" Startup in System Congifuration?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: A "Normal" Startup in System Congifuration?

In reply to: A "Normal" Startup in System Congifuration?

Also anytime I run anykind of sound on my computer my motherboard beeps, as it would as if it was booting up.

Collapse -

i also noticed that more than half of my services (under the services tab) are stopped and that one of the essential ones is too - Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locater

Collapse -

Sorry to be a annoyance but I really need help with this. =(

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: A "Normal" Startup in System Congifuration?

Have you tried doing a system restore to a time when it worked correctly?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.