General discussion

A nice story about a very generous couple

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: A nice story about a very generous couple
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: A nice story about a very generous couple
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
taken to the cleaners

Right behind the winnings always come the charities.

- Collapse -
Since you said always.

What makes you think that, in this case?

or are you cynical of everything?

if so...what's all this Bible thumping about?

- Collapse -
I'm not slamming them

Just noting how when anyone comes into money, everyone who's not even related jostle in line to see if they can take away some too. I'd bet you dollars to donuts THEY didn't contact those organizations FIRST, but rather were contacted by them instead.

- Collapse -
I'd bet you dollars to donuts

I'd bet you dollars to donuts THEY didn't contact those organizations FIRST

If you can prove it, I'll say you were right.

If you don't, will you say you were wrong?

I didn't think so.

- Collapse -
If you can prove

They weren't contacted FIRST by any of the organizations, I'll say I was wrong to suspect it.

- Collapse -
Would any proof I offer

have to be notarized by a lawyer or Commissioner Of Oaths?

Exactly what would you accept?

- Collapse -
if you read the article

they were contacted by "strangers" and then...
They took care of family first and then began delivering donations to the two pages? worth of groups they had decided on, including the local fire department, churches, cemeteries, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, hospitals in Truro and Halifax, where Violet underwent her cancer treatment, and organizations that fight cancer, Alzheimer?s and diabetes.

- Collapse -
I tend to agree

They took care of their family, so all is not lost, but it does seem strange that the rest has gone so quickly.

Giving to charity is fine. Giving to 'any number of' charities makes me wonder.

Mark

- Collapse -
the rest has gone so quickly

they kept enough for themselves to use while they are alive...they gave some away,

the rest of the money will die a slow painful death, buried with the winners of the lottery.

- Collapse -
The Christian response would be

These sort of people make the world a better place, God bless them!

NOT

taken to the cleaners.

- Collapse -
Now you are

an expert on Christians???? LOL

- Collapse -
Now you are an expert on Christians?

That's a leap.

An Expert?.....1 post?...it's just that easy?

If I make another religious? post will you have me running for the Pope? (for the position, not in a relay race for God)

- Collapse -
(NT) they kept 2% ($220k)
- Collapse -
unbelievable

OMG... I couldnt believe someone did this... Hats off.

CNET Forums

Forum Info