Laptops forum

General discussion

A MUST READ ACER REVIEW!!!!

by Brennon_M / November 23, 2010 12:39 AM PST

I bought an Acer netbook last week, could get wireless connection but was unable to surf the web. I called customer support and they insisted that I would have to purchase technical support which would essentially cost another $200.
I decided to take the computer(my fathers christmas gift) back to try another one because the additional $200 was over my budget. After I exchanged the laptop for another computer I came to face with the same problem, I was assured that if I purchased the support that a technition would be able to resolve the matter.
After over 3 hours they were unable to resolve the matter and told me that there was nothing further that they could do. I filed a claim for a refund on the technical support and was (VERY RUDELY I MIGHT ADD by "Orville badge #GWSS116") denied. I'm really not sure which is worse, the customer support or the product. After my experiences not only would I not recommend purchase, I would strongly advise against it. I hope this review helps someone before they make the same mistakes that I did.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A MUST READ ACER REVIEW!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A MUST READ ACER REVIEW!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: unable to surf the web wirelessly
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 23, 2010 12:46 AM PST

Just a few questions:
1. Did it work wired?
2. Using the IE that with it?
3. Only tried on your own wireless router or also on others?
4. Unable to surf the web doesn't tell much. A wireless connection with the wrong password also shows as connection (be it with "limited connectivity"). Did you have full connectivity?
5. Did ping work? And tracert?
6. Do other wireless laptops work with your router?

If other laptops work with you, and this netbook doesn't it's time to try it the shop were you bought it. If it doesn't work there either it's a clear warranty case and they should solve it or give you your money back.

Kees

Collapse -
Spammed!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 23, 2010 2:40 AM PST

Sorry but we frown on spam here.

If you want to dis this maker, be sure to dis the others.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.