Just a few questions:
1. Did it work wired?
2. Using the IE that with it?
3. Only tried on your own wireless router or also on others?
4. Unable to surf the web doesn't tell much. A wireless connection with the wrong password also shows as connection (be it with "limited connectivity"). Did you have full connectivity?
5. Did ping work? And tracert?
6. Do other wireless laptops work with your router?
If other laptops work with you, and this netbook doesn't it's time to try it the shop were you bought it. If it doesn't work there either it's a clear warranty case and they should solve it or give you your money back.
I bought an Acer netbook last week, could get wireless connection but was unable to surf the web. I called customer support and they insisted that I would have to purchase technical support which would essentially cost another $200.
I decided to take the computer(my fathers christmas gift) back to try another one because the additional $200 was over my budget. After I exchanged the laptop for another computer I came to face with the same problem, I was assured that if I purchased the support that a technition would be able to resolve the matter.
After over 3 hours they were unable to resolve the matter and told me that there was nothing further that they could do. I filed a claim for a refund on the technical support and was (VERY RUDELY I MIGHT ADD by "Orville badge #GWSS116") denied. I'm really not sure which is worse, the customer support or the product. After my experiences not only would I not recommend purchase, I would strongly advise against it. I hope this review helps someone before they make the same mistakes that I did.