Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A missed opportunity

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if the authorities had arrested those million plus demonstrators against immigration policy, packed them in busses (or trucks), driven them to the border, and kicked their sorry butts back where they came from??!!

Impractical but, hey, I can dream can't I?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A missed opportunity
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A missed opportunity
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey we don't have any problems

In reply to: A missed opportunity

with Illegals!!!! LOL They all work and pay taxes and don't take any jobs from Americans! And of course we know they don't get FREE medical help or food stamps either Devil

Collapse -
Oh and I forgot........

In reply to: Hey we don't have any problems

AZ didn't get a hefty fine for not enacting legislature to teach the kids to speak English!! Even tho we voted hands down for English only!!! Our votes don't even matter:(

Collapse -
RE: don't take any jobs from Americans

In reply to: Hey we don't have any problems

Asked the 8 million Americans who are out of work?

Collapse -
hmmmmmmm I see

In reply to: RE: don't take any jobs from Americans

you didn't recognize the dripping sarcasm Devil

Collapse -
Again, lean on the employers...

In reply to: RE: don't take any jobs from Americans

IF Americans can be found to take those jobs, make sure the employers are not hiring illegals.

No jobs, no immigrant.

Unemployment is rather low these days.

Collapse -
Day dreams

I'm a day dreamer, too, and have had many delightful moments of "wouldn't it be grand if...." .:-)

The videos I caught on TV focused on high school students who marched out of class in "protest".

I wonder if those same students will be as interested in going to the polls at election time. The percentage of 18 year olds that have in more recent ones have steadily declined to a shameful number.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
I think a lot of the demonstrators....

were American citizens.

It's a hard issue. The fault lies largely with those who employ illegals. If there were no jobs, after all, there would be no reason to come here.

I can hardly blame the illegals themselves; in the same situation many of us would probably do the same as they do.

There needs to be a solution but I am not sure this particular bill (that they were protesting) is it.

Collapse -
Since they want to live in the US.....

In reply to: I think a lot of the demonstrators....

....and have all the benefits of same, I would have been a little more impressed if the flags they were carrying were AMERICAN and their signs were printed in ENGLISH!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That is what bothered me the most, the Mexican flag waving

In reply to: Since they want to live in the US.....

Collapse -
Something I noticed...

One of those demonstrations was in Atlanta, and was covered by the local TV news. They had a sound bite from the organizer who was identified as the former Consul General of Mexico. I fount it notable that the organizer was formerly a member of the Government of another country.

Collapse -
Entertainment on the cheap.........

How many in the crowd were personally interested in supporting the cause, as there for the excitement, would probably be difficult to ascertain. In any event it certainly was a good display of the ability to ''circle the wagons''.

Recently on one of the TV News channels, a reporter had a microphone and camera beside the driver door of a car driven by an hispanic female. I assumed in the LA area. Legal or illegal status unknown. Question posed unknown. The woman, in so many words, indicated that as soon as ''they'' had increased ''their'' numbers sufficiently, ''they'' would/could then control the vote.

By the looks of the demonstration, estimated in excess of half a million, ''their'' program is working.

I have a strong feeling the muslim population is taking notes. We have all read reports where muslims have made ''inroads'' in many areas using the courts.

That's the American way. Majority opinion/vote. If that doesn't work, then define ''is'' in a court room.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.