Maybe they can annex with Mexico and become The sovergn nation Of Texico.
Please note that Texas is the only state with a legal right to secede from
Union (please refer to the Texas-American Annexation Treaty of 184.
We Texans love y'all, but we'll have to take action if Kerry wins as
president over Bush. We'll miss you, too.
Texas has given all those complainers plenty of time to get used to
the results. After seeing the whiners along the campaign route, the folks from
Texas are considering taking matters into our own hands.
Here is our solution:
#1: Let John Kerry become President of the United States. (all 49 states.)
#2: George W. Bush becomes the President of the Republic Of Texas. So
what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (we will control the space industry.)
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.
3. Defense Industry. (we have over 65% of it) The term "Don't mess with
Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will
need for the next 300 years. Yankee states? Sorry about that.
5. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about
those northern states. John Kerry will figure a way to keep them warm....
6. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing
computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell
Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD,
Atmel, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor,
Delphi, Nortel, Alcatel, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.
7. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer
research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world
and other large health planning centers.
8.We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT Texas, A&M, Texas
Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's
University, Ivy grows better in the south anyway
9. We have a ready supply of workers. (just open the border when we
need some more)
10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the
Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody
down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army
24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can
always call the Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas
12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several
types of grain, fruit and vegetables and let's not forget seafood from the
And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste
Don't need any food.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic Of
Texas in good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Now to the rest of the United States under President Kerry:
Since you won't have the refineries to get gas for your cars, only President
Kerry will be able to drive around in his 9 mile per gallon SUV. The rest
of the United States will have to walk or ride bikes and not the $8,000 bike like he has.
You won't have any TV as the space center in Houston will cut off your
You won't have any natural gas to heat your homes but since
Mr. Kerry has predicted global warming, you will not need the gas.
The People of Texas