Speakeasy forum

Rant

A little known Royal wedding tradition

by Mike_Hanks / April 29, 2011 7:59 AM PDT

According to British Royal tradition, on the night of the wedding of a royal, it is expected that the bride offers herself to her husband. It is the expected that the husband honors her.

So all night, it is "offer" and "honor", "offer" and "honor"............

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A little known Royal wedding tradition
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A little known Royal wedding tradition
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I thought....
by Josh K / April 29, 2011 8:40 AM PDT

.....the wedding night started off with him telling her that she'll never have to work for a living again because the peasants pay all their expenses, and her going "WOW!!"

Wink

Collapse -
It's a joke
by Mike_Hanks / April 29, 2011 9:25 AM PDT
In reply to: I thought....

So you go into the class warfare mode

Collapse -
(NT) It was a TASTELESS joke.
by Steven Haninger / April 29, 2011 9:32 AM PDT
In reply to: It's a joke
Collapse -
I agree
by Mike_Hanks / April 29, 2011 11:34 AM PDT

Class warfare is never funny

Collapse -
Agreed; leave 'em alone.
by drpruner / April 29, 2011 12:45 PM PDT

I first heard it in a form of doggerel. It was better because it was well-written. BTW I never heard it applied to Royals. The one I know about the Brit Upper Classes was

"So what should I do, Mamma?"
"Just lay back and think of England, dear."

Are M_H and Josh our new Hanningan vs. Dan McC?

Speaking of the ecology (?), how many innocent trees will die to feed the Will+Kate frenzy in the tabs this year?

Collapse -
That bit is actually supposed to be true, and was advice
by Ziks511 / May 2, 2011 2:09 AM PDT

passed by Queen Victoria to one of her daughters who was unimpressed with the whole sex thing. A less certain query made to Prince Albert by Victoria early in their marriage was the line, "Do you think the lower classes feel like this?" post-coitally.

Somehow I think Will and Kate have been rehearsing for years. What good is university without the sex? And why else move that far from Mummy and Daddy?

Rob

Collapse -
Ahhh... "rehearsing".
by drpruner / May 2, 2011 3:49 AM PDT

So that's why the atheist's bible [see another thread] says, "Thou shalt not rehearse ... or whatever."
Happy

Collapse -
Nahhh....
by Josh K / April 29, 2011 11:37 AM PDT
In reply to: It's a joke

....just opining that the royals probably get more of a sexual rush from leeching off the taxpayers than from actual sex. And the mental image of any of them having sex isn't too palatable either...

Devil

Collapse -
Oh, I see
by Mike_Hanks / April 29, 2011 10:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Nahhh....

So others should guess at what you get a "rush" from.

Collapse -
RE: So others should guess
by JP Bill / April 29, 2011 11:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Oh, I see

Some guess others surf the web to see what gives others a "rush"...NOT of the Limbaugh type..

Collapse -
considering the past
by James Denison / April 29, 2011 1:32 PM PDT

Maybe they should have put a bridal suite in the Tower of London for them to use. More than one bride has ended up there.

Collapse -
RE: Tower of London
by JP Bill / April 29, 2011 11:30 PM PDT
In reply to: considering the past

HEY!!! It's in the Wedding Vows....Probably in yours...Till death do us part?

They didn't have Divorce Court back then.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!