HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A Leon Panetta observation...

by Edward ODaniel / August 4, 2006 4:22 AM PDT

QUOTED MATERIAL

Bill Clinton went on the offensive for Lieberman this week, calling the effort by Lamont and his anti-war "Netroots" minions to defeat him "the nuttiest strategy I ever heard in my life." Clinton went on to tell Lieberman supporters, "I think the Democrats are making a mistake to go after each other, [and must not] allow our differences over what to do now in Iraq... divide us instead of focusing on replacing Republicans. He is a good senator, with the right position on most key Democratic issues. [We Democrats] don't agree on everything. We don't agree on Iraq... I know that on the issues that I believe are critical to our future, Joe Lieberman's past is good evidence of his future. He is a good man, a good Democrat, and he'll do you proud."

Former Clinton White House chief of staff Leon Panetta was also campaigning for Lieberman, noting, "The late Congressman Mo Udall used to say that when Democrats form a firing squad, they tend to form it in a circle and end up shooting each other."

END OF QUOTED MATERIAL

One can only hope that the Deaniacs keep on keeping on in their lockstep search for that Darwin Award.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A Leon Panetta observation...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A Leon Panetta observation...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
THINK for a moment.
by JP Bill / August 4, 2006 4:30 AM PDT

Forget the link?

Collapse -
Ah yes, the link...
by Edward ODaniel / August 4, 2006 6:26 AM PDT
In reply to: THINK for a moment.
http://third paper from the top of the stack on the upper left corner of the right hand desk at the back of the room.

Help you any?

If you desire another easier to access link might I suggest you do a GOOGLE search. Maybe if you THINK FOR A MOMENT you could even use a good search criteria consisting of something like "Leon Panetta" with "The late Congressman Mo Udall"
Collapse -
Hey
by JP Bill / August 4, 2006 6:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Ah yes, the link...

It's your story, just trying to help you out.

The "THINK for a moment" was a quote from a post YOU made today.

Which you also happened to forget to post a link.

The mind is the first thing to go.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) We noticed that. Who all do you have helping you locate it?
by Edward ODaniel / August 5, 2006 10:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Meaningful dialog???...Not likely...sound familiar???
by Jack Ammann / August 6, 2006 5:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Hey
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.