Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

a good webhosting site?

Dec 4, 2007 12:41AM PST

i heard good stuff about hostmonster.com but i have never hosted my own domain before. any tips on what will be the most suitable for me?

i don't want to pay too much and this website is not gonna be that professional. its mainly for benchmarking and for gaming. i live in east coast canada and have highspeed internet 7mbps/512kbps.

thanks

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Recommendations
Dec 5, 2007 8:36AM PST

I've been a totalchoicehosting.com member for several years now, and for a low price they offer a great service (24/7 support, backups, great uptime, etc). I recently signed up for anhosting.com simply to test drive another "popular" host, but so far, Im not impressed except for the space amount they provide.

~Sovereign

- Collapse -
hostmonster and lunarpages too
Dec 5, 2007 9:04AM PST

You will be happy with HostMonster they have great support and are reliable. I have a Lunarpages shared plan and I'm happy with them. I got $27 off with a coupon, Save27. I have 11 sites hosted on my plan and do not have any issues. Best of luck with your site(s).

- Collapse -
Web Hos
Dec 9, 2007 8:52PM PST

I, have hosting plan on 1and1, they are good and cheap. But they have lot of restrictions.

I also compile hosting review page: <a href="http://www.review-web-hosting.com">Web Hosting Review</a>

- Collapse -
Lunarpages coupon
Dec 15, 2007 3:00PM PST

If you go with lunarpages using the coupon code: itunes will save you $26 plus give you a free month and they will send you either a $10 or $20 itunes gift certificate depending if you sign up for one or two years.