Alert

A few questions about my computer freezing

hello
I have a problem with my computer couse its freezing sometimes while starting the windows sometimes in the system.
This computer was not used like 2 - 2,5 years when i started it (i use windows 7 gamer edition) he was asking for updates i installed alot of them and then simply my computer started freezing first thing that come on my mind was ram i have 4gb of ram so i took out 2gb then start a comuter again then it worked for like 4,5 hours and freeze again and it keeps freezing so can someone tell me what is the problem and how i can fix it?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: A few questions about my computer freezing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: A few questions about my computer freezing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Be sure its done

Return the ram to the system and test it. Under the Win7 boot-up there is a memory test, select and allow it to finish. Once done and mo memory errors, goto the windoze update website and allow it to finish, 100% all updates. reboot and be sure those updates took hold, sometimes they have to reboot or display finished before you go on. Next, goto the devices you have installed and check if they need updating, I'm sure 2-2.5yrs. it's needed. Again, once all that is done allow it to settle and try to use PC. Don't rush this, get it the time. Once all done and your AV is current, do a full scan and check results. All that done, try to use your system for whatever and again, don't rush this be sure all is done.

tada -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Addenum...

I should mention, don't use MS update website to update any h/w drivers. Update only MS s/w or devices. -----Willy Shocked

CNET Forums