Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A DVD for MY SON

As most of you know he is in a nursing home with MS(advanced stages)
I made him a video with pics from babyhood to prom to graduations and beyond and added the other children, Gr. kids, and GGK. Put it to music... He loved it .. but ofcourse we both shed a few tears.... But while we were watching it a few other patients and a nurse came in and watched along and then a few more and we had to show it again..We had to send for more kleenex.. These people loved it.. Even though it wasn't their family.Late stragglers wanted to see it again and the room was getting pretty crowded and close so I asked the nurse if she would show it to the one's who still wished to see it in the rec room... If you have anyone in a similar situation and you can make them one...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A DVD for MY SON
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A DVD for MY SON
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) SE Was Overdue For A Feelgood Post,Thanks!

In reply to: A DVD for MY SON

Collapse -
DVD for Son....

Very thoughtful and nice Mary Kay. Yes, tears when shown.

Some years ago when my Mother/Father passed away I made up about 30 copies of a VCR video tape for relatives. It contained still pictures dating back to the 1920's on up to the 80's when they passed on. I also had 8mm & super 8mm movie film from the 50's, 60's, 70's, VCR video camera tape and 8mm video camcorder cassetts, that I converted and integrated to the VCR T-120 tapes. I then used the background music from the era of the times. The contents also contained still photos & movie/video's of different close relatives.

It took some time, but I received request for many more copies, and relatives said other people outside the family wanted to view them. The old 8mm movie films are a treasure.

Collapse -
Hi John

In reply to: DVD for Son....

That's wonderful... Yes it does take time to compile them but the joy they bring is well worth it, as you know... I just had no idea that people could get this excited over someone else's family and just know it would be a perfect gift for these folks. And you are right, those old pics are irreplacable and these DVDs help keep families connected. Especially now that people are scattered all over..

Collapse -
What a wonderful idea, Mary Kay

Maybe someday I can do something such as that about Orion's life. I'm not nearly as clever as you and John, so I will find a person/place that can assist me.

Thanks for sharing,
You're a good Mom Happy

--Marcia

Collapse -
Hi Marcia

In reply to: What a wonderful idea, Mary Kay

Nice to see you posting.... But what I wanted to say is when you're ready, there are all kind of programs to help with it... Start getting pics and stuff together and if you have and audio recording of him speaking or even his favorite music you can add that...
That's another thing you can do is take little recordings of your children on your PC recorder. When my GKs or GGKs call and I'm on the Net , I record there call off my Call Wave if there worth keeping.. When my youngest G/son was potty training he called on day and left me an in depth message which I saved.
I amd going to make DVDs for graduation and for some it is a long while off but I'll have the stuff when I'm ready.. Sorry didn't mean to get so windy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Touching story and a brilliant idea Mary Kay. Thanks.

Collapse -
That is a wonderful story MKay!

Thanks for sharing such a nice thing with us!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.