HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A different conservative's view

by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / October 29, 2004 5:55 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A different conservative's view
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A different conservative's view
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Puppet? That's another one of them there exaggerations.
by Josh K / October 29, 2004 6:12 AM PDT

He's more like a marionette.

Devil

Collapse -
We cannot hope to reason with these hardened people of SE
by netsky / October 29, 2004 8:13 AM PDT

Americans should realize that if they vote for President Bush's re-election, they are really voting for the architects of war ? **** Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz and the rest of that cabal of neoconservative ideologues and their corporate backers.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that President Bush is merely a frontman, an empty suit, who is manipulated by the people in his administration. Bush has the most dangerously simplistic view of the world of any president in my memory.

It's no wonder the president avoids press conferences like the plague. Take away his cue cards and he can barely talk. Americans should be embarrassed that an Arab king (Abdullah of Jordan) spoke more fluently and articulately in English than our own president at their joint press conference recently.

"John Kerry is at least an educated man, well-read, who knows how to think and who knows that the world is a great deal more complex than Bush's comic-book world of American heroes and foreign evildoers. It's unfortunate that in our poorly educated country, Kerry's very intelligence and refusal to adopt simplistic slogans might doom his presidential election efforts"

All we can do is make light of their shorted-out logic circuits.

What a wonderful reference, Dave.

Despite all else we are on the same side for saveing our country from comic book simplisticates hell bent on forging an impossible reality. They would doom us to certain extinction if unchecked. They know not what they say, think or do.

These, then are the rand of Americans which, by application of EdH's exclusionary proposal of disenfranchisement... THESE are the folk, if any should lose their vote, should lose their vote.

These are the new Right so extreme yet so urbanely cocksure and smooth talking, the make old Hitler look like a secretly worshipped progenator.

That is in my opinion, very much so. And more firmly embedded every time I hear a far right Simplisticate propose disenfranchisment of the least strong segements of our society.

An autocrat at work. Hiter was an autocrat, too.

These comparisons become inevitable, all reasonable men will agree. But never will the Simplisticates agree with me on any such point. Because my point gores their ox daily.

what an ego. I stop now.

Collapse -
Re: 'all hat, no cattle.'

Hi Netsky.

>>I have sadly come to the conclusion that President Bush is merely a frontman, an empty suit, who is manipulated by the people in his administration. <<
Remember how Troudeau portraryed him in Doonesbury four years ago -- as a huge eempty cowboy hat?

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
yes, a hat over a lightweight feather, was it?
by netsky / October 29, 2004 2:11 PM PDT

or was it a hat over a popped alhoholic bubble of inconsequental-ness?

---apologies to all for my carelessly composed post---

Not apologizing for its content nor wording, but for the sloppy error or the quotes faulty placed on the conservative man's words, plus my own many typos and punctuation lackings in the text.

ahem, a little polish, spit and paint would've made this "lady" what he aint...

...fooled, that is

(just caint spel worth a hoot)

Collapse -
EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by crowsfoot / October 29, 2004 1:44 PM PDT

Way to go, Charley Reese! I started in clipping some quotable lines but there's really nothing in Charley's thinking to be edited out.

>>>>Bush has the most dangerously simplistic view of the world of any president in my memory.

It's unfortunate that in our poorly educated country, Kerry's very intelligence and refusal to adopt simplistic slogans might doom his presidential election efforts.

It is not at all conservative to balloon government spending, to vastly increase the power of government, to show contempt for the Constitution and the rule of law, or to tell people that foreign outsourcing of American jobs is good for them, that giant fiscal and trade deficits don't matter, and that people should not know what their government is doing. Bush is the most prone-to-classify, the most secretive president in the 20th century. His administration leans dangerously toward the authoritarian.

It's no wonder that the Justice Department has convicted a few Arab-Americans of supporting terrorism. What would you do if you found yourself arrested and a federal prosecutor whispers in your ear that either you can plea-bargain this or the president will designate you an enemy combatant and you'll be held incommunicado for the duration?

I will swallow a lot of petty policy differences with Kerry to get a man in the White House with brains enough not to blow up the world and us with it.>>>>

Is there no arrogance great enough, no sell-out of a "fiscal policy" self-destructive enough, no delusion narrow enough or shame deep enough to disqualify this neo in the eyes of the self appointed social warriors? They hate us in their every fiber. There is no other explanation.

-->

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.