Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A comic that says it all

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A comic that says it all
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A comic that says it all
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: A comic that says it all

In reply to: A comic that says it all

Good political campaign cartoon.

Hmm, you still insist that Bush deliberately lied about the WPD in Iraq rather than being wrong as every other intellience agency here and abroad and the Democrats believed?

Mistaken? shrug, sure looks that way.

Lied? nonsense, and slanderous IMO to claim so, to the man and to the office.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: A comic that says it all

Hi, Roger.

Bush has lied about lots more than WMD -- the largest is that he'd be a "uniter, not a divider," that he'd "govern in a bipartisan manner," and that he's a "compassionate conservative."

On being a "uniter," he had the vast majority of the country (including me) behind him for about four months, from November 2001 through March or April 2002. But then he decided to use his political agenda to push the far right social conservative agenda and give a second round of tax cuts to his rich constituency....
-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: A comic that says it all

Bush has lied about lots more than WMD

So you do assert he knew there were no a single WMD in Iraq? and lied to everyone? He knew that even tho all the intellingence since the last Iraq war indicated otherwise? including all of Clinton's men?

the largest is that he'd be a "uniter, not a divider," that he'd "govern in a bipartisan manner," and that he's a "compassionate conservative."

Different issues, ok to discuss, agree or disagree, but doesn't have any bearing on whether or not you believe President Bush knowingly told a deliberate lie about Iraq having WMD?

On being a "uniter," he had the vast majority of the country (including me) behind him for about four months, from November 2001 through March or April 2002.

Odd, I never remember in Speakeasy ever since the 2000 election not hearing how Bush lost the popular vote, or how the Republican officials and/or courts stole Florida's electoral votes. Granted the vote was a mess, but the system limped along. It's sad that few improvments there and elsewhere seemed to have been successfully completed in the last 4 years. Neither party leaders seemed to be particularly interested in a more accurate election do they?

The second round of tax cuts is a debatable issue. I'm not savvy enough to understand all the claims made on both sides about them, and I'll admit it.

I'll grant you it turns out he was mistaken. I'm willing to consider the timing wasn't the best, though I think someone would have to go in and kick out Saddam sooner or later.

But do you or do you not contend that President Bush deliberately, knowing, LIED about Iraq having WMD?

RogerNC

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.