Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A Colonel will fall because of Bush

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A Colonel will fall because of Bush
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A Colonel will fall because of Bush
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Surely the military ...

In reply to: A Colonel will fall because of Bush

... and police have more important matters to attend to! Devil

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Whatever bumper stickers you deface...

In reply to: Surely the military ...

in the privacy of your bedroom should be your own business!

Collapse -
Two things:

In reply to: Whatever bumper stickers you deface...

1. He is not being court-martialed or discharged from the military (at least not yet). These are civilian charges.

2. Vandalism is a criminal offense. Adultery may be offensive but it is not a crime AFAIK.

Collapse -
Actually the last time I searched out of curiosity

In reply to: Two things:

Adultery may be offensive but it is not a crime AFAIK.

In most states it technically is, old laws that have never been removed, if rarely prosecuted. Of course, legal definitions of adultry may vary from any individuals not married to each other to only when someone married has an affair outside the marriage.

Roger NC
Collapse -
And as I remember...

In reply to: Actually the last time I searched out of curiosity

And as I remember, under the UCMJ he can be prosecuted for it as Conduct Unbecoming.

Collapse -
You remember correctly. In addition,...

In reply to: And as I remember...

...he can be charged under Article 134 with "conduct detrimental to the maintenance of good order and discipline."

Bottom line: It's the military, NOT the civilian world. The rules are different. Period.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What's your point?

In reply to: Two things:

Collapse -
Let me help you here, Evie.

In reply to: Surely the military ...

1. The individual in question is a field grade officer in my United Ststes Air Force. Presumably he knew the probition against any partisan political activity by military personnel on active duty beyond the display of yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. - which is why WE don't have military coups and aren't a banana republic.

2. The charge is to date a civil charge of vandalism. The fact remains that for any military member to be involved negatively with the civil authorities is never good; for the miscreant to be a commissioned officer, who is routinely held to a higher standard about this sort of thing (as well as adultery, I'll note), is far beyond the pale.

3. Jackson said Fecteau is suspected of blacking out the Bush bumper stickers and then spray painting an expletive and the president's name on the vehicles.

Ever try to clean spray paint off a car?

The bottom line: This man is an irresponsible, immature and flagrantly disobedient disgrace to the service that he purportedly represented (poorly). Goodbye and good riddance, IMO.

Collapse -
She may have been mocking a recent post..but then again

In reply to: Let me help you here, Evie.

maybe she wouldn't do that.:)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LOL! She might:) VBEG!

In reply to: She may have been mocking a recent post..but then again

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Right you are Steve! Sorry for the confusion Paul :-)

In reply to: She may have been mocking a recent post..but then again

Collapse -
No, He will fall because of....

In reply to: A Colonel will fall because of Bush

his own irresponsible actions. He should have known what he was doing was a crime, How does Bush have anything to do with this? Just curious

Collapse -
What does Bush have to do with it?? easy one

In reply to: No, He will fall because of....

Because his name is on the sticker. And he's also responsible for some tire slashing of vehicles taking Bush supporters to the polls last fall...and why...because he was running for president....that's why. If he was not running, the tires would have been safe from vandals. Hope that clears it up.;)

Collapse -
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Now I see:)

In reply to: What does Bush have to do with it?? easy one

I didn't realize how all of that connected:) Thanks for explaining;)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.