15 total posts
Surely the military ...
... and police have more important matters to attend to!
Whatever bumper stickers you deface...
in the privacy of your bedroom should be your own business!
1. He is not being court-martialed or discharged from the military (at least not yet). These are civilian charges.
2. Vandalism is a criminal offense. Adultery may be offensive but it is not a crime AFAIK.
Actually the last time I searched out of curiosity
Adultery may be offensive but it is not a crime AFAIK.
In most states it technically is, old laws that have never been removed, if rarely prosecuted. Of course, legal definitions of adultry may vary from any individuals not married to each other to only when someone married has an affair outside the marriage.
And as I remember...
And as I remember, under the UCMJ he can be prosecuted for it as Conduct Unbecoming.
You remember correctly. In addition,...
...he can be charged under Article 134 with "conduct detrimental to the maintenance of good order and discipline."
Bottom line: It's the military, NOT the civilian world. The rules are different. Period.
(NT) What's your point?
Let me help you here, Evie.
1. The individual in question is a field grade officer in my United Ststes Air Force. Presumably he knew the probition against any partisan political activity by military personnel on active duty beyond the display of yard signs, bumper stickers, etc. - which is why WE don't have military coups and aren't a banana republic.
2. The charge is to date a civil charge of vandalism. The fact remains that for any military member to be involved negatively with the civil authorities is never good; for the miscreant to be a commissioned officer, who is routinely held to a higher standard about this sort of thing (as well as adultery, I'll note), is far beyond the pale.
3. Jackson said Fecteau is suspected of blacking out the Bush bumper stickers and then spray painting an expletive and the president's name on the vehicles.
Ever try to clean spray paint off a car?
The bottom line: This man is an irresponsible, immature and flagrantly disobedient disgrace to the service that he purportedly represented (poorly). Goodbye and good riddance, IMO.
She may have been mocking a recent post..but then again
maybe she wouldn't do that.:)
(NT) LOL! She might:) VBEG!
(NT) Right you are Steve! Sorry for the confusion Paul :-)
No, He will fall because of....
his own irresponsible actions. He should have known what he was doing was a crime, How does Bush have anything to do with this? Just curious
What does Bush have to do with it?? easy one
Because his name is on the sticker. And he's also responsible for some tire slashing of vehicles taking Bush supporters to the polls last fall...and why...because he was running for president....that's why. If he was not running, the tires would have been safe from vandals. Hope that clears it up.;)
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Now I see:)
I didn't realize how all of that connected:) Thanks for explaining;)