Speakeasy forum

General discussion

A bit of a laugh :)

by SteveGargini / August 16, 2004 4:20 PM PDT

Little Billy came into the house with a new harmonica. "Grandpa, do you mind if I play this in here?"
"Of course not. I love music. In fact, when your grandma and I were young, music saved my life."
"What happened?"
"Well, it was during the famous Johnstown flood. The dam broke and when the water hit our house it knocked it right off the foundation. Grandma got on the dining room table and floated out safely."
"How about you?"
"Me? I accompanied her on the piano!"

A man lay sprawled across three entire seats in the posh theater. When the usher came by and noticed this, he whispered to the man, "Sorry, sir, but you're only allowed one seat."
The man groaned but didn't budge.
The usher became impatient. "Sir, if you don't get up from there I'm going to have to call the manager."
Again, the man just groaned, which infuriated the usher who turned and marched briskly back up the aisle in search of his manager.
In a few moments, both the usher and the manager returned and stood over the man. Together the two of them tried repeatedly to move him, but with no success.
Finally, they summoned the police.
The cop surveyed the situation briefly then asked, "All right buddy, what's your name?"
"Sam," the man moaned.
"Where ya from, Sam?"
With pain in his voice Sam replied "...the balcony."

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A bit of a laugh :)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A bit of a laugh :)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: A bit of a laugh :)
by Glenda / August 17, 2004 2:59 AM PDT
In reply to: A bit of a laugh :)

I especially liked from the balcony:)
Glenda

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Me too :-) ... Poor Sam!
by Evie / August 17, 2004 3:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: (NT) Me too :-) ... Poor Sam!
by Glenda / August 17, 2004 3:17 AM PDT

LOL! I think we both have a wicked sense of humour:)

Collapse -
Add me to the list Glenda :)
by SteveGargini / August 17, 2004 8:16 AM PDT

I have a dodgy sense of humour too Sad

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Smile Steve:) You are in good company:))
by Glenda / August 17, 2004 8:42 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?