Speakeasy forum

Rant

A anti GOP,fear mongering video from the

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: A anti GOP,fear mongering video from the
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: A anti GOP,fear mongering video from the
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
she should have fallen out of the wheelchair

In reply to: A anti GOP,fear mongering video from the

AS SOON AS she got suspicious.

At least make him work to kill her.

312 viewers counting me.

311 potential voters, that'll bring 'em to their knees.

Collapse -
Played by Richard Widmark?

In reply to: she should have fallen out of the wheelchair

Was he giggling?

Collapse -
No baby?

No bathwater? They're slipping!

Collapse -
I think the Republicans should sue.....

...for copyright infringement. After all, they used the term "the Kill Grandma bill" long before this ad was made.

I think they have a good case.

(And yes, I think the ad is in extremely bad taste so don't try to go there)

Collapse -
However the Democrats have been fear-mongering for decades..

In reply to: I think the Republicans should sue.....

along these lines, claiming the GOP was out to kill grandma, starve the poor, etc. I remember it from the 70s.

Collapse -
Let's face it

In reply to: However the Democrats have been fear-mongering for decades..

Both sides have been fear-mongering for hundreds of year (maybe thousands - I wonder what the candidates said about each other in ancient Rome?).

I read a story that I loved. People still had to pay taxes but they were given a list of programs and they could put their tax money into the programs they cared about. The aim of the story was that people had some left over and they created a new program called "Peace". I just loved the part of chosing which programs to fund. Definitely democratic.

Diana

Collapse -
Agreed,they should sue or at least

In reply to: I think the Republicans should sue.....

raise holy hell about it.

It's one thing if you claim humor and have the Benny Hill theme playing in the background but to play America The Beautiful while depicting what is meant to be Paul Ryan commiting murder is sick.

Collapse -
If the parties were reversed...

In reply to: Agreed,they should sue or at least

the mainstream media would be raising holy hell, for sure. So far, not a peep.

Collapse -
There should be a copyright infringement due to stealing the

idea from a Peter Cook movie Whoops, Apocalypse! (1988), where British unemployment was solved by Conservative British Prime Minister Sir Mortimer Chris (played by Peter Cook) by having all the unemployed line up on the Cliffs of Dover where they shake hands with the Prime Minister just before he pushes them off the cliff. And they do it all with typical British sang froid, and gratitude for the attention of the upper classes. There are even people in Wheelchairs in the line. In another scene, The Prime Minister addresses the staff of a factory explaining that Unemployment was caused by Pixies, which does make as much sense as anything that the GOP have been able to come up with.

Rob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.