HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

9 years in prison.... ONLY NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by jonah jones / February 23, 2006 5:26 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 9 years in prison.... ONLY NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 9 years in prison.... ONLY NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
At the very least he should be chartged with murder....
by EdH / February 23, 2006 7:32 PM PST

and punished approproiately.

What's wrong with these people?

Collapse -
Murder?
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / February 23, 2006 10:20 PM PST

Hi, EdH.

I share your revulsion, and agree the sentence is too light. But murder? First it would haved to be proven that the injury was survivable (since he didn't cause it) -- and even if it were, the appropriate charge in most places is "negligent homicide."

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
You don't think his tresatment of her...
by EdH / February 23, 2006 11:22 PM PST
In reply to: Murder?

as well as his neglect contributed to her death? And why was she drunk in the first place?

Too bad tghe death penalty doesn't apply. He richly dreserves it.

Collapse -
You don't think that raping her didn't move head?
by Roger NC / February 24, 2006 10:11 AM PST
In reply to: Murder?

and moving anyone carelessly with a head injury isn't negligent, it's compounding the injury.

First it would haved to be proven that the injury was survivable (since he didn't cause it)

Proven? don't forget the 'golden hour'. Care given in the first hour is worth more than what you get in the next day in severe trama. He conciously deprived her of that. He aggravated the injury by a fall down stairs after which McKee took her to his bed and raped her.

A postmortem examination revealed she was still alive when her stepfather raped her.

It found she had horrific injuries consistent with being raped with considerable force.

Picked her up, moved her to bed, raped her with considerable force that caused horrific injuries and the worse would be negligent homicide? At the least it amounts to a conspiracy to murder since he willingly aggravated her injuries, even if he didn't cause them.

A rather sensationalised headling article but from it sihttp://icrenfrewshire.icnetwork.co.uk/pde/news/tm_objectid=16626245&method=full&siteid=63858&headline=sex-beast-attacked-dying--stepdaughter-name_page.html , who was in the house, found her unconscious and couldn?t wake her.

Believing that her state was down to the drink and drugs she had taken, her aunt put her in the recovery position while she left to find her mother.

She told McKee not to move Kerry but, after she left, he lifted his stepdaughter upstairs and put her into his bedroom.

At 2.15am, a friend who was staying in the house went to say goodnight to McKee and found him in bed with Kerry.

Half an hour later, Kerry?s sister Amanda and her brother Anthony returned to see how she was.

Roger

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Europeans have a more 'enlightened' attitude than
by Kiddpeat / February 23, 2006 11:41 PM PST

Americans do. Their moral fibre has been undermined, and left without an anchor. It's both outrageous and sad. However, Americans are rapidly catching up.

Collapse -
Shoulda' been zero ........
by MarciaB / February 24, 2006 12:28 AM PST

... an eye for an eye would suit me fine in this case.

Maybe while in prison he will meet "Bubba." And maybe "Bubba" will take a real liking to him. And maybe "Bubba" will treat him in the same way the stepdaughter was treated.

I believe that is about the only sentence imposed that could reflect the revulsion I feel for this perpetrator. Sad

Collapse -
Re the "British society in particular, leave a lot
by John Robie / February 24, 2006 2:07 AM PST

to be desired!"

IMO the Brits should reestablish the death penalty for just such a case. Their old guillotine would make it quick.

Collapse -
Forget the guillotine
by dirtyrich / February 24, 2006 12:18 PM PST

go for Drawing and Quartering!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Guillotine British??? surely you're joking. French !!!!!
by Ziks511 / February 24, 2006 5:39 PM PST
Collapse -
Why heavens yes, even the word Guillotine is a French word.
by John Robie / February 25, 2006 12:47 AM PST

It was named after Dr. Guillotin of Paris, France.
I'm sure most people would wonder or need to look up the meaning of Halifax Gibbbet, if I used that term, which was what people in England called the Guillotine that was used there from the 13th to the 17 Centry.

The Earl of Morton, had one built in Edinburgh in 1556, which became known as the Maiden and lasted until 1710.

I believe even little kids know about the Guillotine:
http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p456.htm

Collapse -
That is sickening
by James Denison / February 24, 2006 5:46 PM PST

Hopefully someone in prison will do the right thing by him.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.