Asus has a great reputation. 6 GB is plenty of RAM for almost everything. I barely noticed when I upgraded my laptop (with I5 CPU) from 4 to 8 GB. You have a wide range of display sizes - I like the 15". For me anything smaller is too small and anything bigger is too bulky but YMMV.
I basically use my computer for surfing, uploading pics, downloading files and watching tv-show/movies....basic stuff but I need it to be reliable and fast. I hate waiting..lol.
My plan was to head in and purchase the first one on my list but if I am heading in I would like to see a few other options.
I want longeitivty and a few frills
So what would YOUR top 5 in order be?
1. Lenovo IdeaPad 15.6" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i3-3120M / 750GB HDD / 8GB RAM / Windows : 15" Laptops - Future Shop
2. Acer Aspire V3 Series 15.6" Laptop (Intel Core i3-2348M/ 750 GB HDD/ 6 GB RAM/ Windows : 15" Laptops - Future Shop
3. Acer Aspire V-Series 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i3-3217U / 750GB HDD / 8GB RAM) : 15" Laptops - Future Shop
4. Acer Aspire V3 15.6" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i3-2328M / 750GB HDD / 6GB RAM / Windows : 15" Laptops - Future Shop
5. Toshiba Satellite 17.3" Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i3-2328M/640GB HDD/6GB RAM/Windows - Refurb : Refurbished Laptops - Future Shop
Not sure I want a smaller screen but am open to seeing it if the specs are alright
6. Asus Vivobook 11.6" Touchscreen Laptop (Intel Core i3-3217U/ 500G HDD/ 4GB RAM/ Windows 8)-English : Ultrabooks - Future Shop
7. ASUS S Series S56CA 15.6" Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5-3317U /24GB SSD 750GB HDD/6GB RAM/Windows : 15" Laptops - Future Shop
8. Lenovo IdeaPad 15.6" Laptop - Grey (Intel Core i5-3210M / 750GB HDD / 6GB RAM) - English-Refurbished : Refurbished Laptops - Future Shop
9. ASUS 11.6" Touchscreen Laptop - Black (Intel Core i5-3317U/ 500GB HDD/ 4GB RAM/ Windows - English : Netbooks - Future Shop
I *think* I have it narrowed down to the Lenovo
refurbished i5 and the 1st lenovo I3
But not sure if the lower RAM in the i5 is an issue?
Will I even notice?
Also can I add RAM?
The I3 I can run and grab today where the i5 I have to wait to ship.
Would appreciate any help -- even top 3 or 4 would be perfect!