Samsung forum

General discussion

630 audio equalizer.

by jbhassoc / January 27, 2009 10:07 AM PST

I get surprisingly good sound using the sets custom equalizer and an external sub woofer. However, if I use the 'entertainment mode' on the remote to select any other mode than 'off' the sound is terrible. Each selection - sports, movie, game is different tonally but they are all awful- tinny, flat and muffled. In all the E. modes but 'off' the equalizer is locked out therefore I can't adjust the tonally quality of the sound. If this is normal then we need a software update to allow a custom eq setting in each e.mode. Also it would be nice if the right and left audio out adjusted with the sets volume control. I have my subwoofer plugged into the right channel and have to manually adjust it for each show.
Thanks again for being so attentive to all the forum users questions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 630 audio equalizer.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 630 audio equalizer.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
equalizer...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 2, 2009 12:40 PM PST
In reply to: 630 audio equalizer.

jbhassoc,

The entertainment mode does disable some audio and picture settings. That was the design of the mode, and it's highly unlikely that it will be addressed with a firmware.

The right and left audio outs have an amp that runs to the receiver. The output is designed to pass the signal enough for an external amplifier to amplify the sound. It wasn't necessarily designed to be used with a subwoofer; however, since it has its own amplifier, I salute your ingenuity of using it as such. (It will not damage the output, in case that brought up the question).

And you're welcome.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Equalizer settings for Samsung TV
by ted elfer / March 20, 2009 1:33 PM PDT
In reply to: 630 audio equalizer.

I recently purchased a Samsung LN32A550 Series 5 TV. I do not get a very good sound quality on any of the 4 or 5 presets. How does one use the equalizer to improve sound quality? I tried 'trial and error' but it was not a success. Where can I find a guide to the function or optimum setting of each bandwith?

Thanks

Ted

Collapse -
Equalizer settings for Samsung TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 23, 2009 8:50 AM PDT

ted elfer,

The presets are just a suggestion - the quality of the audio has to do with the input signal. But I might suggest that you play with the settings on the channels you watch most and manually adjust them to your taste.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Equalizer settings for Samsung TV Serries 5
by knightowl22003 / March 3, 2015 2:30 AM PST

Same situation as Ted....Where can I find a guide to the function or optimum setting of each bandwith?. I am getting so tired of the back ground music drowning out the actual conversations of the program and movies.

Collapse -
There are no hard and fast rules regarding the successful
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2015 2:44 AM PST

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!