Networking & Wireless forum

Question

5 minute delay to start booting of 'extreme 450e 48p' switch

by hmrpanchal / November 19, 2013 2:09 PM PST

Hi

We have a 'extreme 450e 48p' switch installed in our organization along with other networking equipments. When power is restrored 'extreme 450e 48p' switch reboot successfully before other networking equipment thereby create some problems, which we don't know why.

So, for a solution we restart this particular switch again by turning power off and then on for this particular switch after successful restart of all other networking equipments.

As per my understanding 5 minute delay to start booting of 'extreme 450e 48p' switch can resolve the issue, if it's so, please let me know how to create a delay or auto reboot once again this switch.

Any other solutions are most welcome.

Regards,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 5 minute delay to start booting of 'extreme 450e 48p' switch
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 5 minute delay to start booting of 'extreme 450e 48p' switch
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
If this switch is defective, why keep it?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2013 3:58 PM PST

While there are such things that will delay after a power outage this issue sounds like something else is broken or badly configured.

Here's a power on delay box.
Notice "Extended Cold Start" at http://www.bomara.com/cps/ipc.htm

This is just one of dozens of such boxes.
Bob

Collapse -
Re:
by hmrpanchal / November 19, 2013 4:45 PM PST

As per me switch is not defective, because when we restart it manually after successful reboot of other network equipments it works fine.

I hope while rebooting this switch search other devices for some configurations/vlan/routes etc

Collapse -
So the issue is with the other gear/systems?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2013 11:32 PM PST
In reply to: Re:

I dealt with this a few times where a hard headed IT staffer was digging in their heels that power must come on in a specific order and time. It was just another day as we worked out what was going on with a server that was getting some information, failing and well, long story short it was another configuration issue.

Yes, we could have used a power delay box but why? Just edit the configuration so it works.
Bob

Collapse -
Please Explain
by hmrpanchal / November 20, 2013 1:08 PM PST

What kind of configuration issue and how to resolve it.

Collapse -
In their case.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 1:48 PM PST
In reply to: Please Explain

It was the order of services that needed adjusting. Sadly your better IT staffers can deal with it but as I'm not there I can't fix it since it is usually something different each time.

For now, you have found a time delay box so maybe that's your solution. I don't want to upset anyone but it would not be one we would use at our office. But you may want to know our office is mostly programmers and gurus.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.