Samsung forum

General discussion

5.1CH Blue Ray HT-C6500 PLEASE HELP!

by deanjones53 / July 16, 2010 11:42 AM PDT

Having issues with Pandora and now all internet services. Every time I go to the online screen it automatically logs me into pandora. To attempt to fix...I reset the internet on the D,IN screen and now I can not figure out how to reactivate.

How do I stop it from automatically logging into Pandora because it is a black screen and I can't exit or get out of it? How do I reactivate the internet TV service?

Also, is there an online manual to assist with future issues?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 5.1CH Blue Ray HT-C6500 PLEASE HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 5.1CH Blue Ray HT-C6500 PLEASE HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
5.1CH Blue Ray HT-C6500 PLEASE HELP!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 17, 2010 8:11 AM PDT

deanjones53,

It almost sounds like a button is stuck on the remote. It should give you the option of which widget to launch, and if Pandora is the default one, then it may be launching right in.

Is the remote transmitting if you're not pushing any buttons?

--HDTech

Collapse -
still happening
by deanjones53 / July 17, 2010 12:12 PM PDT

even when I take the remotes batteries out it still automatically loads pandora.

Collapse -
still happening
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 17, 2010 12:57 PM PDT
In reply to: still happening

deanjones53,

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work.

At this point, it may be that your unit requires service. I'd recommend calling 800-SAMSUNG (US) to have your unit inspected.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by corig1 / August 16, 2010 9:29 AM PDT
In reply to: still happening

I think it is supposed to load Pandora or perhaps whatever app you last used. Mine does the same.

Collapse -
thanks
by deanjones53 / August 16, 2010 10:51 AM PDT
In reply to: online

seems to me like this system just isnt good with the internet applications. Now everytime I try to use the internet@TV it tells me I need to connect to the internet or after resetting my upgrade does not match my model.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 18, 2010 1:46 PM PDT

Fellas,

I'm going to escalate this, but I suggest you consider calling 800-SAMSUNG and having the unit serviced. While I don't expect a quick resolve on my side until I can either look into it more, or more affected people come forward, I don't want you hanging in limbo in the meantime.

The Apps screen should load, and give you the option of choosing an App, not just sending you to a random or default App. I have two of the 2010 models here, and neither of them automatically launch an application (nor should it), which suggests that something else is going on.

--HDTech

Collapse -
More Pandora issues
by ndclouds / August 15, 2011 3:57 AM PDT

I'm having the exact same problem with an HT-C6500. If I go to the online input, pandora will automatically start. Then the TV will go black while music is played through the speakers. I can select any other input but I am completely locked out from choosing anything on the online input (say another app) and the TV remains blank.

To fix this I power down the unit and hold the stop button on the remote until the unit resets. This doesn't seem to be working as advertised.

Has there been a fix for this issue?

Matt

Collapse -
no update in ovr a yr?
by kevincb / April 21, 2012 10:08 AM PDT

I've had my unit for a little over a year and it does the exact same thing. Furthermore, it disconnects from wifi. It will not stay connected no matter what I try. Even the Samsung site has no useful information on it regarding either issue and probably hundreds of posts on their site are months and yrs old w/ no responses. Bad form, Samsung.

Collapse -
Hundreds?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 25, 2012 5:50 AM PDT
In reply to: no update in ovr a yr?

How do you figure hundreds? I see three instance since 2010 here at CNET.

It this is happening to more people than just those here, it's pretty rare that I'm aware of, and likely needs further troubleshooting or repair with Customer Service.

Not bad form at all - we help as many online as we can - but when they're customer service issues, you have to try troubleshooting with customer service.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.