Cameras forum

General discussion

5.0 Megapixel DIgital Camera for travellers

by henry2005 / October 24, 2005 4:24 PM PDT

I like the Canon SD400, which is small and good enough for me. However, I need a camera that can use AA bateries since I may not be able find a place to charge the camera's battery when I am travelling. Any clue? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 5.0 Megapixel DIgital Camera for travellers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 5.0 Megapixel DIgital Camera for travellers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
5meg - AA batteries
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / October 25, 2005 12:56 AM PDT

There are several cameras but they will not be as small as the SD400. AA batteries take more space than Lithium batteries.

The smallest, will be the cameras that use only two AA batteries.

Here is the list of 5 meg that use 2 AA batteries:

Fujifilm - E510, A350
Kodak - C340, C360
Nikon - 5600
Olympus - D595, FE110
Sony - P93, W1, W5

Here is a side-by-side look:

http://tinyurl.com/8oal2

Collapse -
great thanks!
by henry2005 / October 26, 2005 1:18 PM PDT
In reply to: 5meg - AA batteries

I will check them out.

Collapse -
It's right for an African Safari...guaranteed.
by Fedexlax / October 30, 2005 12:48 PM PST

I have geen so impressed with the SD 400 and its fabulous processor, I took it to Africa for a month's wildlife safari. It was always on my belt along with a spare battery and a second 256 memory card. The total package was the size and weight of a double deck of playing cards. It went though the dust of the Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti Plains inside a small zipped case, used extensively indoors and out for work that didn't require extensive zoom on distant animals. The daily maitenance was wiping it each morning with a damp, after shower towel. For left hand steadiness, I used a thead bobbin found in my wife's sewing basket as a mini-monopod screwed into the tripod thread. That provided extra sabiity inide the extended roof of the safari vehicle. It took some 300 shots with great success and marvelous color. Believe me, I didn't baby it for a minute. Within its zoom and flash limitations, I think it's a great piece of well built equipment.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.