LG forum

Question

47LA6200-UA wifi direct/widi/miracast all greyed out

by verr1981 / March 24, 2015 7:37 AM PDT

The wifi direct, widi/miracast are all greyed out in my tv. I am able to connect to both wifi and wired connections but these functions are still disabled. How do I enable them on my tv?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: 47LA6200-UA wifi direct/widi/miracast all greyed out
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: 47LA6200-UA wifi direct/widi/miracast all greyed out
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: 47LA6200-UA wifi direct/widi/miracast all greyed out
by LG_Electronics LG staff / March 25, 2015 3:01 AM PDT

Hello verr1981.
You need to turn the function on in your TV. Using your magic remote, go to Settings > Network > then select Miracast™ / Intel's WiDi, > toggle the feature on so your TV can begin searching nearby compatible devices. There is a Re-Search button on there that you can click in the event your TV is unable to find a compatible device.^IFV

Collapse -
Unable to Toggle feature
by verr1981 / March 25, 2015 9:15 AM PDT

I am using my regular remote to go to Settings > Network and I see Miracast/ Intel Widi both greyed out. I am unable to figure out how to "toggle" this feature on as it is greyed out on my tv.

Collapse -
47LA6200-TA Having same issues
by No4delirious / November 2, 2015 5:56 AM PST

I have the same issue on my smart tv that has been going on for months and thought that its not much of a problem until i have to use the miracast function. Is there a way to solving this problem?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?