Question

43" Plasma does not recognize PC input.

I recently bought a 43" Plasma (PN43D450A2DX7A) and noticed that it has a HDMI/DVI input which I assume is specifically designed to connect a PC. I have followed the guidelines in the users manual and cannot get the TV to recognize that the PC is connected, however my PC is recognizing that I have a Samsung screen connected to it. Here are my specs.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: 43" Plasma does not recognize PC input.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 43" Plasma does not recognize PC input.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Be sure to try other PCs

While this has been discusses before about video settings, the number of times I find other PCs work is growing.

- Collapse -
Answer
43" Plasma does not recognize PC input

dirkhooley,

- Collapse -
Still not recognizing input.

Thanks for your quick response and for giving me some troubleshooting advice other than "try a different pc." However, I have tried all of the input names and I still cannot get the TV to recognize the input. I'm running a 25ft DVI to HDMI cable, I don't know if that would make a difference and I have the resolution set to 1024x768 which is the max supported resolution for this screen. Got any other advice?

- Collapse -
Has this cable worked with anything else?

And 25 feet is a clue. Try shorter first.

- Collapse -
Still not recognizing input.

dirkhooley,

CNET Forums