General discussion

42LB4D LCD going a bit crazy

My 3 year old LCD comes on by itself sometimes and also will not turn on with the remote. When you do turn it on with the side button, the volume goes instantly to max and you cant do any other funtions. Almost like it the volume button was stuck on.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: 42LB4D LCD going a bit crazy
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: 42LB4D LCD going a bit crazy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This sounds like.

The symptoms almost sound like the BAD CAPS problems. To learn more type BAD CAPS on google.

Now type SAMSUNG BAD CAPS to learn about BAD CAPS and HDTVs. Yes I know but the discussions about the SAMSUNGS give you a clue about your set.

If it's out of warranty and they won't fix it, read the discussions about cost to repair.
Bob

- Collapse -
chewing gum

So I was tapping on the volume button a few times and I heard something inside fall down. I have an electronics background, so I take the back off to see if something was broken. In the bottem of the TV is a green thing about the size of a dime. It looks and smells just like used chewing gum, so I assume that is what it is. I bought the set new and it has never been apart before as well as it was far to large to get into any of the vent holes at the top. I wonder if this caused the problem. The set is still not working, I will have to take it to a repair center.

CNET Forums

Forum Info