Question

$400 Used Laptop for gaming and 1080p Video Editing

I want to buy a laptop for gaming (CSGO only) and VIdeo Editing (Camtasia 9) 1080p ( maybe Adobe premiere pro).

-The catch is that i want to buy a used laptop because a good laptop from 2016-early 2017 might fall into my price range but I dunno.

Need help!

We don't have amazon, newegg here. So, I will have to buy a laptop by personally going to the used laptop market here.

I have no idea what to buy

No regards for looks and portability.

AND it is quite urgent because I need that laptop for College too. I can't wait for a month or so.

Post was last edited on September 12, 2018 11:24 AM PDT

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: $400 Used Laptop for gaming and 1080p Video Editing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: $400 Used Laptop for gaming and 1080p Video Editing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
That's a tough call.
- Collapse -
There is another Catch

I live in Pakistan and newegg,amazon,ebay don't ship here. I would've bought a new laptop but the import taxes are very high. A new $400 Laptops costs like $1000 here.

- Collapse -
Sad news.

Since few members live there you have to find this laptop. Again, I can't scour the market there for you as I don't know where to look.

Maybe for gaming you're better off with a PS3/4 or Xbox?

- Collapse -
Hope?

If you know about a laptop from 2016 which is good enough for what I want, you can suggest. A $600 laptop from 2016 is sold for ~$400 in the used market here.

- Collapse -
I was unclear.

Since I can't find a web site in your country that lists such laptops I can't help you find your 400 USD laptop that can game.

But if you find one, be sure to ask here since I can look it up and check out if it can game.

- Collapse -
Clarity

I want to know if you have any idea about 2 year gaming Laptop which might be suitable for me. 2 year old laptops which were sold at the price of $600 at that time.

** My reply sounds a little offensive/rude. I didn't have any other way to put it.

- Collapse -
Then the search begins.

Be sure to share what you find here so CNET members and I can comment if it will game.

Keep in mind that at 2 years many laptops can have issues. The battery is worn out, it may need a deep cleaning, new fans or new heatsink compound. Do you have the skills or cash to repair this old laptop. Yes, 2 years on a gaming laptop is old. Why? The higher stresses it runs under.

- Collapse -
Again.

Maybe the cheap CSGO machine is the PS3.4 or Xbox?

- Collapse -
Not an option

I want to be able to Edit some videos, study, general entertainment, basic basic programming and play CS GO on the machine i want to buy. So, XBOX/PS3 won't do. The issue with buying/building a PC is again the bumped up prices.

- Collapse -
Almost any laptop can do that editing.
- Collapse -
All hope lost?

So, there is nothing I can afford?

- Collapse -
options

I was thinking about buying one these laptops but the price might be a little too high for me or it won't be available for sale (used).
Lenovo Ideapad 700
Dell Inspiron 7559
Acer Aspire A315
Acer AN515 51-55WL

- Collapse -
Some of those are MODEL SERIES so

I can't check out the gaming aspect.

The Acer is the AMD APU so gamers tend to complain.
The Acer AN515 51-55WL has the chops. i5, 1050 Ti etc. Looks to be the one for low cost gaming.

- Collapse -
More about the Acer A315 (junk for games.)
- Collapse -
2016 600 dollar laptops were not gamer laptops.

I hope you prove me wrong.

PS. What do you have now? Desktop? Why not put in the usual Nvidia 1050 Ti GPU? That's cheaper.

Post was last edited on September 12, 2018 11:38 AM PDT

- Collapse -
I have nothing

I don't have a laptop/Desktop. So, I don't have that option either.

- Collapse -
PS.

If it's that inflated, 600 bucks USD should be enough to travel to another country to get your laptop.

- Collapse -
Budget

If I had the extra $600 I would invested into the laptop but sadly I don't.

It is not the TAX, the market is not properly regulated. So, the seller bump up the price at free will.

- Collapse -
Answer
There is another Catch

I live in Pakistan and newegg,amazon,ebay don't ship here. I would've bought a new laptop but the import taxes are very high. A new $400 Laptops costs like $1000 here.

CNET Forums

Forum Info